PDA

View Full Version : I need a new TV

Telstar
27th Aug 2006, 13:20
I looked in the FAQs for this but didn't see anything and the search is turning up nothing so:

I need to buy a new TV. I have about 1500 Euros to spend. The max size I would be able to go to is 37" due to a modestly sized sitting room. I am not a brand snob. Thats the info I know for sure.

Everything else is a bit of a blur. LCD Vs Plasma (I can't tell the difference), HD Ready Vs. Not, Various Input connectors, why the non branded 17" non HD ready is 600 Euros cheaper then the HD Ready Samsung. (Incidentally peering through the casing cover of the non brand I can see its really a Samsung in disguise, as all the components are samsung brand), Various resolutions and aspect ratios. I am living in Italy and want to get a British sky dish like my colleagues, is this in HD? What differences can I expect with HD?

If I put the 10 or so 17" tellys side by side at the superstore I am finding it hard to tell the difference and know what to look for.

Can anyone educate me? Any good (Not total geek fest sites) sites to visit?

Cheers! :uhoh:

gas path
27th Aug 2006, 17:18
YOUR STARTER FOR TEN! (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=237318&highlight=Plasma):ok:

Telstar
27th Aug 2006, 18:01
Thank you kindly ;)

Danny Crane
29th Aug 2006, 12:16
projector projector projector

don't consider anything else.

My projector cost $1500 AUS and fills an entire wall.