PDA

View Full Version : BBMF

737-900wanabee
27th Aug 2006, 12:20
Afternoon....

I would just like to show my appreciation for the BBMF. 2spits and the Lancaster just flew extremely low over my house; I thought the Lancaster was in my house it was that loud, SIMPLY AMAZING!!!!:} :) :) :)

Am I of the correct understanding they are not allowed to fly over built up areas like London etc, incase of engine problems etc?:( If so it’s a complete joke, once upon a time people would proud to see them, and there the most beautiful aircraft around!!:ok:

Any errors are due to last nights alcohol (always a good excuse).

chevvron
27th Aug 2006, 13:55
Depends where you live; they displayed at Dunsfold then returned to Coningsby via Little Gransden, routing via High Wycombe and east of Aylesbury.

Climebear
27th Aug 2006, 16:56
Am I of the correct understanding they are not allowed to fly over built up areas like London etc, incase of engine problems etc?:( If so it’s a complete joke, once upon a time people would proud to see them, and there the most beautiful aircraft around!!:ok:

Last time I looked, Buck House was in the middle of a fairly large built up area and it seems to benefit from the odd overflight from BBMF. So does my quarter (now is it because I live there or would its proximity to a priory in NW London have anything to do with the frequent flypasts of Spitfires and Hurricanes?):ok:

brit bus driver
28th Aug 2006, 21:55
Depends where you live; they displayed at Dunsfold then returned to Coningsby via Little Gransden, routing via High Wycombe and east of Aylesbury.
I was at Little Gransden, as it happens! What a cracking little airshow and, by the time we got there, free too! Crowd loved the Lanc display with some nice words from the local commentator about the good job we are doing etc, etc. Nice to be valued in public for once.
Showing one's age when one's offspring are crawling all over the cockpit of an "ancient" JP3.....eeh, it takes you back.
Oh, and COS Ops wasn't bad either....:cool:

Human Factor
28th Aug 2006, 22:10
Blasted over my house at lowish level yesterday afternoon. Much appreciated.