PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Brie
27th Aug 2006, 09:48
Hello everybody,

I'm new and i post here a problem i have:

I'm also a wannabee in France and 2 months ago i was offered my first commercial job on a corporate jet. The first thing i thought was:"wow great" BUT i also had to invest a sum of 15 a 20.000eur. Well i must say this is not a problem for me but i also had to do paperwork (dispatch work). And this what really bothers me: doing paperwork!!! I have to admit i've never done dispatchwork before but from what i've heard it is a ****ty job to do (not a nine to five 'paperworkjob') and like many corporate jet companies you don't fly many hours. it is really a difficult situation for me: it is my first joboffer but doing paperwork is not my cup of tea!!

What should i do: searching for another job or doing this.

cheers

i hope my english is not so bad and you understand what i'm talking about.

PAPI-74
27th Aug 2006, 10:01
It all depends on what they are offering to pay you. I was a dispatcher at Luton 10 years ago. Its is quite a tough job with all of the paperwork as you say, but nice to see how the big machine works. I only lasted 5 months though.
I would be more concerned with parting with cash for a flying job that gives a limited amount of flight pay. 20,000E is quite a wack (almost 737 money) to fly biz jets. For that outlay, I would want a return of at least £35,000 and you won't see half that as a first job in the biz world.
The troulbe is, all companies are trying it on with paying for TR and they need pilots. As before with so many threads, if we all chose to stick together and not pay, what choice would they have?
What is the market like in France these days for Regoinal TP jobs?
King Air TR £4000 in the US, and I bet you would earn the same flying that than a Citation, for example.

dartagnan
27th Aug 2006, 13:25
salut ,

if I was you, I would take this job.
if you dont, someone else will take it (maybe me), and in 2-3 years, let's see where you are.

This is an English-language forum. Anything not in English will be deleted. We do have a French-language (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=73) forum if you wish to converse in that language.

Scroggs

Brie
28th Aug 2006, 12:27
Nobody further suggestions???

grtz

dartagnan
3rd Sep 2006, 20:28
take the job, ...all I can say!
you wont have a second occasion.

Craggenmore
3rd Sep 2006, 20:39
Rule # 1 - Always take your first flying job...

GoldenMonkey
4th Sep 2006, 12:32
If the money is not an issue to you, then take the Job would be my advise. Paperwork is something that you'll have to do as a pilot anyway. Maybe not to the same extent as a dispatcher. But, by doing the paper work as a dispatcher, you will have a more rounded understanding of the whole operation... which can only help.... no??

Best of luck with what ever you choose to do.