PDA

View Full Version : Thunderstorms

thaijai
26th Aug 2006, 20:30
Hi ,could anyone give me some advice .
A friend of mine has never flown before and would like take a flight
from Bangkok to Krabi(KBV)by Airasia, i've seen the weather forecast's and each day Thunderstorms are forecast in both places with around 70-100% precipitation.
I'm not sure if this will cause a bumpy ride for her and how the pilots deal with this ,would it be better to wait for a fine day for her first flight?
Thank-you for any advice .

Final 3 Greens
27th Aug 2006, 06:44
Thiajai

I don't know this area very well, but would like to reassure you that modern aircraft are well equipped with radar that allows the pilots to avoid dangerous storms.

The ride could be bumpy, but should be safe.

If she ios nervous, maybe it would be a good idea to await a different weather pattern.

thaijai
27th Aug 2006, 10:10
Thank-you final 3 greens ,I appreciate your time in giving me your advice
and will wait for a new weather pattern.Good luck for the future from Thaijai

Bangkokeasy
29th Aug 2006, 05:50
There is usually some sort of storm somewhere along that route, because Bangkok and Krabi are in two different weather zones (the raining seasons are at slightly different times of year). However, the pilots in this region are used to this and are pretty good at flying round the storms, which are usually quite local and small. They will do everything they can to make the flight more comfortable.

The alternative to just over an hour in the plane is at least 9 hours by road, and the plane is much safer!

I am sure your friend will have a safe and enjoyable flight.

tezzer
29th Aug 2006, 08:27
We recently tried Air Asia for bangkok to Phuket, similar weather conditions. No problem at all. However, the airctaft was delayed for "maintenance resons" for three and a half hours outbound, and we got a 60 Baht voucher for food and drink. No problem, as we were on holiday. HOWEVER, checking back in at Phuket, it was the same story, 4 hour delay "for maintenance". As we had alternatives, we just walked away, and got on a NOK air flight, which left on time, twenty minutes after we checked in !

PAPI-74
29th Aug 2006, 08:33
probably patching up the hole from the lightning strike!:eek: