PDA

View Full Version : gen 4

widgeon
25th Aug 2006, 20:30
http://www.acecraftusa.com/

I know this has probably been posted before , can you fly this in UK ?.

Letsby Avenue
25th Aug 2006, 22:21
What a hoot... Couldn't see myself taking it up to 10,000 ft though :eek:

22clipper
26th Aug 2006, 04:26
A four engine helicopter! A Quad?

STOP PRESS: National Parks & Wildlife have made a bulk purchase of Gen Helicopters. Rangers will now travel in flocks, swooping in to fine unsuspecting regular type choppers that have landed illegally & left horrible skid mark scars on world heritage sites.

rotordude
26th Aug 2006, 05:29
WOW!

I would love to see that thing fly, from a distance off course.

And it does not have the ability to autorotate. Interresting H/V curve:E

You would not get me up in one.

Twiddle
26th Aug 2006, 07:57
Yes, no problem flying this in the UK, the CAA have however insisted that it's multi crew operated, but other than that no problem......:eek:

helopat
26th Aug 2006, 08:15
Yes, no problem flying this in the UK, the CAA have however insisted that it's multi crew operated, but other than that no problem......:eek:

Beg your pardon...multi crew? What do you do, copilot sits on pilots shoulders? Hang in sling under pilot? Sit facing pilot with legs interlaced in a sexy interpretation of the Kama Sutra? S:mad: t...I'm turning myself on.

Actually, sent for the pamphlet and video...might just be able to work a military training contract out of this baby.

HP

Twiddle
26th Aug 2006, 09:20
Think you'll find that's pilot, co-pilot and a flight engineer, then they say you can fly it as high and fast as you want.

With the current issues with military aviation, our MoD are also considering it as a possible replacement for the heavylift fleet of Chinooks...

kissmysquirrel
26th Aug 2006, 09:40
Heard a rumour that instead of training more pilots etc, CHC have an order in for 500 of these things and the rig workers can then be more flexible when they go to and from work. Believe a night kit is planned so night ops (SE private cat.) can be carried out. :E

widgeon
26th Aug 2006, 14:37
That explains the need for the larger engines then.