PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Hibernation.

Loose rivets
24th Aug 2006, 17:16
After starting my HP from hibernation, I often want to leave the thing to start and get on with something else. If I'm not quick, it will put itself back to sleep. :mad: annoying.

Is there a way to make it stay on?

R

gizmocat
24th Aug 2006, 17:31
Laptop or desktop, and O/S please.

Loose rivets
26th Aug 2006, 18:14
Hi, sorry for delay.

'tis an HP desk-top, running Windows XP

chandlers dad
26th Aug 2006, 18:22
Control panel, then Display. Go to the screen saver and adjust the setting to a longer duration.

Forgotten if you have the "power options" as well under XP. If you do, go there, under power schemes adjust the time that it is idle then goes into hibernation in this area as well.

If the computer is taking this long to boot up, have you searched for spy bots and such? Cleaned up your hard drive and defrag'ed it recently? If not these can help the boot up time.

Loose rivets
27th Aug 2006, 05:09
All is normal 'till I want to come out of hybernation and not use the computer for a while.

I have to wait for the reload...which isn't very long, but I'm an impatient #@$ so often my multi-tasking has me running out of the room afore it is complete. So, if I don't make the one keystroke needed, then it goes back to hybernation...which has me restarting, running out of the room..............you get the gist.