PDA

View Full Version : Terror Threat Mid Flight

daz211
22nd Aug 2006, 20:18
China southern airlines made an emergency landing
after a note was found on the aircraft saying a bomb would explode
mid-flight the captain turned the a/c around 1hr into his flight from GUANGZHOU - SYDNEY
passengers say he dumped fuel and landed with no internal lights
the passengers are being questioned by police in GUANGZHOU

matt_hooks
22nd Aug 2006, 20:21
There really are some sick people out there. That's the third similar event I've heard of in the last few days, notes found on aircraft saying there is a bomb on board etc.

I hope they manage to track one of the culprits down and hang them out to dry as an example to all the people who think it's "funny" to cause such major disruption and distress to people!

MarcJF
22nd Aug 2006, 20:33
Should we take notice of these idiots? Terrorists don't usually warn of their sick actions?

matt_hooks
22nd Aug 2006, 20:38
Should we take notice of these idiots? Terrorists don't usually warn of their sick actions?

Do we have any option but to? On at least two of the three it has been pax who have discovered the note. I think if the pilot tried to ignore it he might be at risk of severe personal injury from frightened pax. Like the two pax offloaded at Manchester because the other passengers refused to let the plane fly with them on board!

Scary stuff!!!

angelwings2006
22nd Aug 2006, 20:38
They are all sick if you ask me- regardless of whether they are terrorists or people playing a 'sick' joke.

Its awful to think there are actually people out there in this world that gain joy out of this!!!!!

They should be caught and torchered if you ask me!!!

:mad:

:=

gwillie
22nd Aug 2006, 20:39
Terrorists don't usually warn of their sick actions?
Remember the IRA?

MarcJF
22nd Aug 2006, 20:42
Do we have any option but to? On at least two of the three it has been pax who have discovered the note. I think if the pilot tried to ignore it he might be at risk of severe personal injury from frightened pax. Like the two pax offloaded at Manchester because the other passengers refused to let the plane fly with them on board!
Scary stuff!!!
Interesting question. Guess we'll never know if a terrorist 'note' ever proved genuine? They're all cowards.

TheSailor
22nd Aug 2006, 21:16
Hello,

I hope they manage to track one of the culprits down and hang them out to dry as an example to all the people who think it's "funny" to cause such major disruption and distress to people!

Will be not a problem..for such case in China....they execute ppls every days for less of that.:E
If the culprit is caught in the "civilized" countries...it will be a other story...will end generally by a release after questioning..or few months of jail in the worst cases...:uhoh:
Results in USA..may varies....

Regards.

tezzer
23rd Aug 2006, 15:01
Your missing the obvious solution to this latest problem.

Add "writing implements " to the list of banned items, together with any pre-written material.

PaperTiger
23rd Aug 2006, 15:55
Remember the IRA?Yes. Please list the flight numbers on which the IRA left notes warning of a bomb, and on which a bomb was subsequently discovered.
Actually never mind the IRA, please supply any flight number anywhere anytime on which a warning note led to the discovery of a bomb. Hell, you can even include phone threats too if you like. :rolleyes:

gwillie
23rd Aug 2006, 17:17
Paper Tiger, did you happen to read the post that provoked my "Remember the IRA?" comment?

MarcJF had written "Should we take notice of these idiots? Terrorists don't usually warn of their sick actions".

I wasn't connecting the IRA with aviation , I was connecting terrorists with terrorist behaviour.

PaperTiger
23rd Aug 2006, 17:56
Paper Tiger, did you happen to read the post that provoked my "Remember the IRA?" comment?
MarcJF had written "Should we take notice of these idiots? Terrorists don't usually warn of their sick actions".
I wasn't connecting the IRA with aviation , I was connecting terrorists with terrorist behaviour.I did. This being PPRuNe and this thread being about threats to aviation, I did make an assumption about the context. Apologies for not being tangential.

Speed of Sound
24th Aug 2006, 08:11
Your missing the obvious solution to this latest problem.

Add "writing implements " to the list of banned items, together with any pre-written material.

Err... so what do we write with while on board? :confused:

SoS

PAXboy
24th Aug 2006, 12:13
MarcJFThey're all cowards.That is the one thing that they are not. From the outset on 9/11, GW Bush and 99.99% of people that have spoken about this problem have called them cowards. But the moment that you do that - you have underestimated them.

To plan something that will lead to either, your death or imprisonment for the rest of your days? No matter what your personal faith may tell you to expect, that is not being a coward.

Concise Oxford: coward
· n. a person contemptibly lacking in courage.

PaperTiger
24th Aug 2006, 16:58
GW Bush and 99.99% of people that have spoken about this problem have called them cowards.In one of his more surreal moments, GWB referred to them as "folks" IIRC. :boggle:

MarcJF
25th Aug 2006, 20:09
Definition from Wikepedia -

Cowardice is a vice that is conventionally viewed as the corruption of prudence, to thwart all courage or bravery. Cowardice may be considered to be prudence that does not take consequences to their furthest extent.

Someone who attacks and/or kills a defenceless person is also considered a coward.

PAXboy
25th Aug 2006, 22:07
The problem and risk of calling your enemy a coward is that you underestimate him/them. It is clear since Sept 11th, that this enemy is extremely capable and ruthless.

If you do not respect your enemy for what he is capable of doing, then you place yourself at a disadvantage from the outset. Bush and Blaif have done this. This think that they have some moral high ground and, despite all the evidence to the contrary, continue to maintain their own fiction. Thus they will continue to lose.

I am not saying that what has been done is good but you must respect what they have done. By seeing the enemy as an equal, only then can you begin to find a resolution.