PDA

View Full Version : Passing through Heathrow

Tonic Please
22nd Aug 2006, 18:31
Hi. I shall be taking a one way flight to France (as I always do) with BMI abuot the end of the first week of September. I am interested in what situation to expect at the airport.

Of course I'll arrive early, but is all the congestion going to be going through the danm x-ray machines? Nothing should be at the gate, right? I'm going to paris. Probably an afternoon flight.

I always use the machines to get my ticket, inserting my debit card, so I shouldn't need to queue for too long, right? Is anything still significantly different for the local flights? I've waited about 20-30 mins in the line for x-raying before..so is it strangely different or not as much as the media are saying?

Just curious! I shall have no handluggage (safe the hassle) and one luggage suitcase.

PAXboy
23rd Aug 2006, 00:28
Firstly, there are two other threads running in this forum alone, probably best to read those before starting another?

Secondly, you are asking people to predict what the British Govt (as well as nefarious people known and unknown) are going to be doing in nine days time?? Since no one predicted the hoo-hah that was unleashed last week, just how do you think we are going to know about next week?

The other threads are being updated every day by PPRUNE'rs who are actually going through the system, myself included. Read them every day and then make some estimations 24 hours before your departure.

radeng
25th Aug 2006, 20:22
My advice is - Go by train!