PDA

View Full Version : Book Exchange ?

OldRookie
22nd Aug 2006, 00:52
I am still searching for books and training manuals for my PPL. If anyone has any books that are current and would not mind parting with I, and I think a few others on here, would be grateful if you could post a reply letting us know what you have , or what you are looking for and what you would like in exchange. Either another book, postage costs, charitable donation etc. The cheaper the better. This flying thing ain't getter cheaper.

Thanks in advance

Gerhardt
22nd Aug 2006, 02:56
I've got the Rotorcraft Flying Handbook and an extra R22 POH and will ship them out free of charge to the first person to ask for them.

FredFri
22nd Aug 2006, 05:32
Just sent you a PM, Gerhardt ;)

RotorDompteur
22nd Aug 2006, 06:01
Follow this link and you can download "Rotorcraft Flying Handbook" for free. :cool:
http://www.faa.gov/library/manuals/aircraft/
Under "Aviation" you can also find some interesting stuff...
RD

Pandalet
22nd Aug 2006, 08:30
Also, WH Smith do the Thom books for 30% off (or at least, they used to) - have a look at their website.

Whirlygig
22nd Aug 2006, 19:49
Sorry, but I couldn't bear to part with any book, let alone my helicopter ones; it would be like cutting off a piece of my own flesh (some might say I have it to spare!).

However, if anyone has any old or rare helicopter books I may be interested in making an offer. I reckon I pretty much have everything in print currently but any out-of-print books and I could be interested.

And then I could open the Breckland Helicopter Library and Bar!

Cheers

Whirls

Colonal Mustard
22nd Aug 2006, 20:58
i got a west ham match day programme dating from last saturday v charlton

sorry.couldnt resist

Whirlygig
22nd Aug 2006, 21:04
So who won? Charlton or Last Saturday?

Cheers

Whirls

HELOFAN
22nd Aug 2006, 23:18
www.amazon.com have a huge ammount of helo related stuff & prices seem good to me.

Check them out, they have a good selection of everything from books , dvd's etc.

HF

Colonal Mustard
23rd Aug 2006, 08:33
So who won? Charlton or Last Saturday?

Cheers

Whirls

Last Saturday of course..........:E

OldRookie
23rd Aug 2006, 09:22
Also, WH Smith do the Thom books for 30% off (or at least, they used to) - have a look at their website.

Yes the offer still stands, bargains to be had. Thank you