PDA

View Full Version : Flightgear

h1tman47
20th Aug 2006, 10:58
hello,

Has anyone out there used the flight simulation programme flightgear. I'm thinkin whether or not replace microsoft flight simulator with that programme. How does flightgear compare with microsoft flight sim? If anyone out there has tried out this programme, your comments are welcome.

Thanks,
h1tman47

gizmocat
20th Aug 2006, 14:24
Have you got a link to the web-site ?

planecrazy.eu
20th Aug 2006, 15:33
Flight-Gear is, well i would say the best public flight sim with X-Plane coming second. Reason i say this is that Flight Gear is used by some large aviation companies as it integrates with Simulink and MatLab great. If you look at the MathsWorks website you can see that NASA and Boeing have used Flight-Gear with there development projects. I have used it, i think it has some good attributes to it, i think it may have a slight edge on X-Plane with Physics and Rendering, but i am not 100% sure as both X-Plane and fight gear are much better than MSFS. FlightGear is open source, so its free!

The Link

http://www.flightgear.org/

h1tman47
22nd Aug 2006, 04:38
Planecrazy,

thanks for the info. will check it out for sure.

cheers,
h1tman47

TheSailor
23rd Aug 2006, 00:59
Hello,

Flightgear is certainly a nice simulation.:)
The bottom line..is this simulation is no user friendly..like FS2004...and you must fidlle a lot in the options and scout the help for have it running perfectly.:rolleyes:
But...why complain as it's free...:D

Regards.