PDA

View Full Version : CX soon!!

R2000/1830
19th Aug 2006, 21:16
Next Monday is my first interview any last minute advise?

guest27
19th Aug 2006, 21:47
yes..........good luck !!! :ok:

Re-entry
22nd Aug 2006, 10:42
Learn how to spell.

Aussie
22nd Aug 2006, 13:34
Good luck mate!

Aussie

cpdude
22nd Aug 2006, 14:33
Learn how to spell.

It's not a spelling mistake but a grammar mistake.

"Advise" is a verb. You can advise someone how to complete a task.

"Advice" is a noun. You gave me advice on the task at hand.

Don't be so quick to jump on people,:= especially for spelling or grammar on a public forum. The message or question is more important than English perfection. Unless of course, the pedantic behaviour is just training to qualify for a C&T position.:E

Good luck R2000/1830!

6-String
22nd Aug 2006, 18:02
Ten outa ten cpdude! Spoken like a true scholar and a gentleman! :ok:

---

And yeah; all the best R2000/1830. :}

flyer_spotter
23rd Aug 2006, 02:34
Hi, are you applying for CPP or DES/FO?

Max Reheat
23rd Aug 2006, 05:14
Oh no, here we go again!
Cpdude, I thought I was reading an excellent response until you brought C&T into the equation.
The very best of luck to you R2000/1830, and to all the others out there who about about embark on the interview process.
Cheers... Max

Kevdog
23rd Aug 2006, 18:54
Please give us the details after the interview, a few of us are going in next month!

Re-entry
24th Aug 2006, 17:33
Ouch. I was told a sense of humour was reqd. to be employed by CX?
Good luck.

cpdude
24th Aug 2006, 18:14
Ouch. I was told a sense of humour was reqd. to be employed by CX?
Good luck.
Oh, it was a joke! "Learn how to spell." that's too funny man...your hired!:D:}

Re-entry
25th Aug 2006, 21:34
cpdude. Do you fly airplanes? Scary.

Re-entry
27th Aug 2006, 22:14
R2000. PM me I might be able to help you. obviously no point putting details here.

R2000/1830
29th Aug 2006, 16:53
I just want to say thanks to every one on this site that helped me over the last month. I did my interview CYVR yesterday, I think it :D :ok: went really good. So thanks to all.

HYA
29th Aug 2006, 19:03
R2000 Well done!

Was the interview similar to what has been posted on this forum? Can you give us an update on what the overall atmosphere was like, questions?

Thanks

R2000/1830
31st Aug 2006, 03:36
The interview was everything I had expected, all the HR questions were the ones I prepared for. The quiz was 90% easy but for 3 questions, which I just had a hard time with the wording, not the subject matter. What surprised me was not what was on the Tech interview but what was not.

NOT ON MY Interview
1. No engine questions (RB211 or other wise.) Not even general engine questions.
2. No questions on my A/C
3. Vary little, Cathay A/C questions. Only what are the A/C in front of you and what has the better wing. What are winglets/raked wings for. And what deice equipment does the 747 have.
4. Only a little bit on high speed flight, no Dutch roll or mach tuck questions.

almost all my questions on the Tech side were about weather, Typhoons, wind shear etc.

As for HR HK/CX questions, all the questions he asked about were on the CX website.

Almost nothing in Capt XYC book was on the interview. I really liked Capt ABC book, helped me big time.

Hope this helps.

kenfoggo
31st Aug 2006, 10:44
cp dude. If you are going to bite peoples arses about grammar you really must take care with your own postings. YOUR is not YOU'RE. As in you are hired.

cpdude
31st Aug 2006, 13:41
cp dude. If you are going to bite peoples arses about grammar you really must take care with your own postings. YOUR is not YOU'RE. As in you are hired.
Please have a re-read kenfoggo, someone else did the biting and I just said it wasn't spelling just grammar. I also said the message is more important than any spelling errors and that goes for grammar too. Many of us get on here tired after a flight and we don't need school teachers correcting our spelling. So please think again about who you would like to direct your post to.:)

kenfoggo
31st Aug 2006, 16:52
cpdude. I would love to stay and have a battle of wits with you but I am sure that you are no good at unarmed combat. Toodlepip!

Re-entry
31st Aug 2006, 23:31
Stop it! children.

Re-entry
1st Sep 2006, 01:30
I repeat. Do you fly planes? (scared expression on audience face). UUUhhhhh. No. He's serious folks.eek.
AAAAAhhhh! One of those things they are in some way witty or funny. Or something, don't call Sir Smythe-Rotham,He will call the DAD. And then let all hell break into the pub

cpdude
1st Sep 2006, 03:22
I repeat. Do you fly planes? (scared expression on audience face). UUUhhhhh. No. He's serious folks.eek.
AAAAAhhhh! One of those things they are in some way witty or funny. Or something, don't call Sir Smythe-Rotham,He will call the DAD. And then let all hell break into the pub

Check your PM!

Re-entry
1st Sep 2006, 08:21
And stop quoting me. It uses up bandwidth that might contain useful/sensible/normal info. ASK DANNY! You bad pilot!