PDA

View Full Version : CAA Eye Check List?

planecrazy.eu
19th Aug 2006, 10:56
Hey, i know its here on this forum some-place, i have seen it before but for the life of me i cant find it, so i appologise in advance.

I have seen a CAA check-list for the optician, its not the eye requirements PDF, its an actual check lists layout that you can take to the optician and it has a section that the optician can sign etc.

Thanks in advance for any help.

kui2324
19th Aug 2006, 11:11
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/49/SRG_MED_extended_eye_exam_form_162.pdf

Is this what you were looking for?

Helipilot1982
19th Aug 2006, 12:03
Are you aware that you only need to use this form if you wear contact lenses or corrective glassses. Also its only required every two years on your class 1 revalidation or renewels.

planecrazy.eu
19th Aug 2006, 22:55
I wear glasses yeah. It wasnt that form no, it was similar however. I think that form would do, i just want the all clear before i go for the Class 1, dont want to waste my money if i get to Gatwick and i fail. At last check i was just within limits, but just. Yet again i used Spec savers, i am going to use D&A this time, unless anyone else thinks another opticians is better?

VFE
20th Aug 2006, 11:09
A K F I E L
P T U S W D
J S Q A Z X
U H J F C E
U E D Y T H
O L I U Y T
E S D K F H

No excuses now.

VFE.

planecrazy.eu
20th Aug 2006, 15:01
Hey, i may well have a problem, or the problem may be with just my opticians. I have used Spec Savers and D&A Today to get my eyes checked, used two as like a second opinion. But they both was different and both swear they are the ones who are right. One of them i pass easy, the other one i am right on the limits with my refractive error.

My corrected vision is

6/5.-1 = R
6/7.5+2 = L
6/5-1 = B

Do the CAA go on corrected or un-corrected?

Dried ears
20th Aug 2006, 15:18
Both, I think. Uncorrected the limits for an initial are higher, but once you're "in" there is a little reluctance to take it off you, and the stated limits (uncorrected) fall a bit as long as you can be corrected to normal levels.

For example the myopia limit (short sight I am told) is a -5 dioptres uncorrected (it used to be -3 before JAR) for an initial class one test. For renewal the uncorrected limit falls to -8 (almost mole vision!) as long as corrected it is within tolerances.

Jimmy The Big Greek
21st Aug 2006, 16:19
WRONG. There is no requirement for uncorrected vision.

Your eyes look good planecrazy but I can see that you have a bit of amblyopia in your left eye caused most likely from squint (lazy eye).

Your visual aquity is good and I really doubt that you will have any problems.
But I think that you might run in to problems with your squint since its deviating so much that it causes degraded vision in your left eye (amblyopia).

I think the best thing you can do is fax the stuff to the CAA.