PDA

View Full Version : Help!

RNGrommits
18th Aug 2006, 22:48
Help!
Having just hosted my parents at the Cottesmore families day (Top Day by the Way! Thanks to all the flying displays, especially the "The Blades" (first time I have seen them since they all left the mob and a very good dislay it was too!) the Reds (we managed to keep the gliders out the way this year!), Ade Orchard in the Sea Fury, PK in the Harrier and Mr & Mrs Tonka mates who turned up from Leuchars and deafened all my kids taxiing in (crowd line too close, but they thought it was great????) my dad has now announced that he would love a harrier ride for his 60th b/day next year.
Now I know that there is a snowballs hell in chance of getting a T10 ride with their serviceability rates, but does anyone know of a civvy fast jet(nice to be ex-mil) that I could get my old man up up next year without sending him to S.Africa or having to sell one of my Kidneys?
I realise that this might not be the right forum, but I will stick with what I know, and trust that all of your connections might know someone!
Cheers
Grommit

ps My mum is 60 the year after, but for some reason she is after a helicopter ride. I was just going to send her up to London for a sight seeing tour, but does anyone have a better option?

Conan the Librarian
19th Aug 2006, 00:08
I would have a heart to heart with those nice people at Kemble. Start with Delta Jets, though there are many other organisations that could satisfy your requirements.

Conan

RNGrommits
19th Aug 2006, 01:11
Thanks Conan
The website looks quite good.
I might have to try tham first myself!

Wholigan
19th Aug 2006, 02:42
Try these as well. http://www.hunterflyingclub.co.uk/

Dundiggin'
20th Aug 2006, 12:07
Nice thinking for your Dad that's easily sorted.........but it's a bit more complicated for your Mum though.........

You'll have to take a boat ride together in the Solent. Dress your Mum up as a nurse (full webbing - irresistible to SAR Boys) and get her to jump in the 'oggin. Daytime is probably safer.

Don't forget to take a radio and know how to use it!

Good luck! :rolleyes:

Training Risky
21st Aug 2006, 10:27
Now I know that there is a snowballs hell in chance of getting a T10 ride with their serviceability rates,

If your Dad can get a job as a Blue Peter presenter or the local mayor, then anything is possible!

Seriously, many random people get FJ pax rides, just look at RAF News.

anotherthing
21st Aug 2006, 12:44
Check yer PMs :ok: