PDA

View Full Version : NPPL to France

S205-18F
18th Aug 2006, 10:00
Hi folks I think this may have been answered before and I have had a quick search to no avail! I believe that with the permission of the competent authority in France I can get permission to fly into France with an NPPL but who do I contact? Who has, if anyone, made this trip under these conditions? I would appreciate any sensible comments.

Rod1
18th Aug 2006, 10:10
You need permission from the DGAC. If you get it let us know as flying to France is the only reason I keep my CAA PPL (A) and I will go NPPL ASAP!

Rod1

Fly Stimulator
18th Aug 2006, 10:43
S205-18F,

If by chance you are intending to fly to France in a microlight then you don't need to worry - the French (and a number of other European countries) will accept you as long as you have a licence valid in your home country so an NPPL is fine.

S205-18F
18th Aug 2006, 14:02
I am flying a fixed wing group A so unfortunately I will have to get permission. I have just received an email from the DGAC to tell me that my email has been forwarded to the correct department and I should receive a reply shortly. So far so good! Will keep you posted.
John.

tangovictor
18th Aug 2006, 15:11
im pretty sure, that France along with some other European countries have given blanket coverage for nppl licences