PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed???

O27PMR
17th Aug 2006, 19:45
Hi Guys

Sorry to crash your forum, but I am looking for some advice and figured you guys would be most likely to help...

I would love to join the forces with a view to becoming a rotary wing pilot but, as far as I am aware, at 29 I am considered too old.

Can anyone out there offer any hope or am I fresh out of luck???

Regards

PR

johnny99
17th Aug 2006, 20:22
Believe current upper age limit is now 23 - best thing to do is speak to the forces career office (look for nearest on web). I suspect you would need to be an exceptional candidate to be accepted - all to do with amortisation of training and return of service, nothing personal.

JAG3
17th Aug 2006, 21:06
To join the forces as a pilot the age limit is 29 but that is the limit for the AAC only. You have no chance of going to the RAF or FAA because the RAF is 23 and the navy I believe is 27. Go to the army careers website as that will probably give you more info.

http://www.army.mod.uk/

samuraimatt
17th Aug 2006, 21:14
To join the forces as a pilot the age limit is 29 but that is the limit for the AAC only. You have no chance of going to the RAF or FAA because the RAF is 23 and the navy I believe is 27. Go to the army careers website as that will probably give you more info.

http://www.army.mod.uk/

Do what I did and goto the AFCO.They will be able to give you the definitive answer. Some people on this forum (mentinoning no names), do not know the correct answers,and so give out duff information. Better to get it from the people who know.:ok:

GlosMikeP
18th Aug 2006, 16:00
Hi Guys

Sorry to crash your forum, but I am looking for some advice and figured you guys would be most likely to help...

I would love to join the forces with a view to becoming a rotary wing pilot but, as far as I am aware, at 29 I am considered too old.

Can anyone out there offer any hope or am I fresh out of luck???

Regards

PR

This might be offering every assistance short of help, but have you thought of joining The Coastguard? I believe they operate SAR choppers...and many of their aircrew are ex Forces. Just a thought.

saudipc-9
18th Aug 2006, 23:23
Come to Canada and join up here, we don't have anything as archaic as an age limit. Just alot of archaic aircraft:p