PDA

View Full Version : What's your plan after the CPL?

dartagnan
17th Aug 2006, 19:21
what is happening in this crazy market?

Airlines are looking for 1500-2000hours pilots(I have recently been called by XXX but I am still waiting to start my training). Most guys I have met looking for the same position as mine have around 300-400hours and are simply turned down,excuse?: Insurance requirement,...

the company said they have pilots waiting since 10 years for this job, and they are apparently no ready to hire pilots who were recently graduated.

I talked to these wanabee jet pilots, most were very deceived by such minimum requirement. As they have already invested their money in expensive flight schools, they do not have any more money for time building and buy the type rating(type rating became a minimum),...

I would like to know, what is your plan after you cpl/MCC?
Good luck to all of you.

sam34
17th Aug 2006, 19:44
hey Dartagnan! how are you ? :) ("on a discute en PV", by the way you can read my message about the same thing you wrote in "how search a job")

after my CPL...well I will do IR and MCC ;) I think type rating only with job guaranted. But a type rating JAR23 maybe.

I would like doing rating FI not only for up my hours, but just to fly again. I think after my cpl/ir/mcc I will not get enought money for flying for pleasure, yeah I will have to refund the bank !
I talk about me to all people I see :p :O "yeah I am a pilot, I'm looking for jobs!"
maybe someone will say " Oh really, I'm looking for pilots like you" :O

And I will go seeing companies, corporate etc. Ah and too I will try cadets Air France, and ENAC in 2007 ! maybe I... :rolleyes:

I will get more time playing on Flight Simulator too :p

ACP
17th Aug 2006, 21:06
Hi guys, I really wish you good luck....I got my IR 4 years ago, my A320 rating 1 year ago... then I decided to move and talk face to face to some CP: 2 of them offered me 500 hours on the A320 for 25000 euros, I am supposed to start in the upcoming weeks.

2 of my friends are now flying 737, they paid their own rating and were at the right place at the right time. 2 other friends are also type rated on the A320 and are still without a job (even with full ATPL and multi-engine experience...)

Good luck!

dartagnan
18th Aug 2006, 11:13
I got a job offer WITHOUT a type rating, and I do not have even to pay for my hours...I will be paid.All I have to do is to be rated and I will start to fly (and make money).I got 2 jobs offers recently...

I have met some guys who have refused this offer because you have to pay for your rating.

the Pay to Fly 'scheme seems to me just more problems and with no guaranty that someone take all your money and nothing in return.

so it is possible, just by looking around ....if you wait another 3-6 months, I think the situation will be even better for wanabees.

sam34
18th Aug 2006, 12:26
what I can see, lot of student pay a type rated and Hours with eagle jet for example today. I am sure that these students believe it more easy to find a job when you give money. You pay and you have a job. But do not forget that there always is a selection. and if we do not work hardly = no job.
Pay = job, it is wrong.
Pay = just that companies look at your CV and call you for a selection.

and lot of students pay for TR 737 or 320. in a few years there will is too many students getting this TR.