PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Training in Five Years

steepturnsonly
17th Aug 2006, 09:54
I just wondered... how would you guys predict the future of pilot training in roughly 5 years, as regards to pricelists, aircraft in use, and weather?

All comments and thoughts appreciated!

ultimatepro63
17th Aug 2006, 10:33
Hmm well i think all training aircraft will have glass cockpits and the prices will increase becuase of fuel, flying will become stricter with beforew you can start you have security checks and so on .....

Thats what i think :ok: however i dont want it to be like that i want it to be the old ways with dials in the cockpit with a small gps :(

Mercenary Pilot
17th Aug 2006, 10:40
I think we might to start to see the decline of flight training in the UK. IR examiners may no longer need to be CAAFU, so it can be done in countries like the USA in the same way as CPL training is now conducted.

I think aviation is probably one of the most unpredictable businesses on the planet so who can say? :confused:

elevengflyer
17th Aug 2006, 13:17
Prices will all be much cheaper, aircraft will be state of the art and contain only the most gorgeous cabin crew and the weather will be a light wind straight down the runway with unlimited visibility.

SORRY I don't think that's true but it's nice to write something positive for a change.

tom89
17th Aug 2006, 15:59
Hmm well i think all training aircraft will have glass cockpits and the prices will increase becuase of fuel, flying will become stricter with beforew you can start you have security checks and so on .....
Thats what i think :ok: however i dont want it to be like that i want it to be the old ways with dials in the cockpit with a small gps :(

yes because a small gps is something of the past :ugh:

potkettleblack
17th Aug 2006, 16:24
Flight training has never been cheaper in real terms and I see this continuing. Also the use of technology will become more prevalent in both the cockpit and on the ground in the form of full motion simulators.

You only have to see the advances on the latest diamond aircraft to see that the trusty old duchess and warriors have had their day, err about 20 years ago!

PPL152
17th Aug 2006, 19:06
I'll miss the Senecas, Duchesses and all those analogue-oriented flightdecks...:sad:

wingnut-will
17th Aug 2006, 21:40
I'll miss the Senecas, Duchesses and all those analogue-oriented flightdecks...:sad:

Want dials? Well, they've been operating the An-2 since the late 1940's. She'll still be here in 5 years time! Cant wait to fly one of them!

http://hampage.hu/repules/repcsik5/ancsacockpit.jpg :}

MONEY GROWS ON TREES
18th Aug 2006, 16:33
I think or should I say, I hope the 737's stay just the way they are, cant wait to fly one of those , I have must admit I have a soft spot for the Airbus 320

:cool: cool

BlueRobin
18th Aug 2006, 19:30
There will still be people who don't read the FAQ and wind scroggs up...

There will still be daddy's young boys (and girls) unsure of what they want to do in life...

There will still be daddy's young boys (and girls) with little interest in aviation itself, unsure of what they want to do in life but get put through neigh-on 6-££figure training so they may end up with a well-paid job and get set for life...

There will still be young boys (and girls) mad keen on aviation but with little personal or family resources to go straight into commercial aviation...

There will still be grafters who take a different career path initially, save up and start later in life...

I think you should really ask where the industry will be in 5 year's time. The growth, at the moment, seems to be coming from the turboprop sector.