PDA

View Full Version : Inbound pax

22/04
16th Aug 2006, 20:53
Are inbound pax to the UK being advised of the restrictions when leaving. As one who has many visitors I am concerned they may arrive with precious cabin baggage that they then can't leave with

11Fan
17th Aug 2006, 00:00
22/04

Me too. I was going back and forth trying to decide if I should bring my laptop with me on a trip to Ireland next month. I was following the natural evolution of rule changes for a while, but since they seem to be rather fluid (and vary between airline or country and arrival or departure) I finally decided to wait until the day before I leave on the trip and then make the decision at that point.

That being said, the company I work for is recommending that those who would normally travel with their laptop, instead take a "spare / company" laptop and leave their primary one at home, just in case it winds up in the cargo hold.

Secondly, we're now supposed to use "hard" luggage as opposed to soft.

Looks like we'll start seeing a return of the old time Samsonite commercials, with a new twist.

11Fan

Wonder if apaddyinuk will chime in on this one.

Globaliser
17th Aug 2006, 00:06
Are inbound pax to the UK being advised of the restrictions when leaving. As one who has many visitors I am concerned they may arrive with precious cabin baggage that they then can't leave withBA is advising of this on the website (http://tinyurl.com/flm27):-Customers travelling from the rest of the world to the UK
Customers departing on flights to the UK from the rest of the world who are not transferring onto another flight, will be able to carry one standard sized bag, 56cm x 45cm x 25cm and one briefcase, laptop computer bag or equivalent, unless more stringent local regulations are in force.
However, customers returning from the UK must comply with the UK Department for Transport requirements which are:-

One cabin bag no bigger than 45cm x 35cm x 16cm, the size of a small laptop bag.
We would therefore strongly advise customers to check that the laptop computer bag does not exceed these dimensions.