PDA

View Full Version : Seat Parts needed

jimgriff
16th Aug 2006, 15:09
Greetings one and all,

As I'm sure you know, I rebuild and collect ejection seats. The ultimate aim is to have a small museum dedicated to assisted escape systems.
In the meantime I build display seats for museums that are already established and to this end have been commissioned to complete a nice type 9b Mk 2 from a Jaguar for public display.

The project is progressing well and I have now come up against a few few missing parts. Can anyone help??
Of course I dont want "live" stuff to complete the project and will only consider parts which are "safe".
Here is the list:
Ejection gun type 17 Mk1 or type 15 Mk2 (safed)

Top latch plunger assembly

Type ZJ Mk 2 PSP with cushion cover

Rocket pack No 5 Mk3 & attachment bolts (blue display model accepted)

Full harness and parachute pack with cushions and backpads

Drogue / parachute link line

Full oxygen system for attatchment to PEC (pilot and aircraft sides)

Negative G strap and multi point QRB

Service manual and parts list

If anyone can help or give pointers as to sources please get in touch.

WPH
16th Aug 2006, 20:58
I guess you've tried Everett Aero, they are advertising plenty of Jags and ejection seats from other aircraft for sale.

http://www.everettaero.com/eseats.html

Cheers

WPH

jimgriff
16th Aug 2006, 21:04
Indeed I have.
All the Jags that Mr Everett has purchased are sans seat!!

Navaleye
17th Aug 2006, 00:38
Maybe this is a dumb question, but why are bang seats from redundant aircraft types so collectable by the RAF? I thought we only had one Jag Sqn left?

jimgriff
17th Aug 2006, 07:23
Like most things that the Mil own that are capable of causing death and destruction,( allthough bang seats are designed to save life) they are very reticent to allow them into the public domain.
An ejection seat in the wrong hands with a potential to bang and pop when not needed is a disaster waiting to happen in their eyes.

MrBernoulli
17th Aug 2006, 08:49
"An ejection seat in the wrong hands with a potential to bang and pop when not needed is a disaster waiting to happen in their eyes."

........... and so it is!

jimgriff
22nd Aug 2006, 18:38
in a vain attempt to get some positive result on this I ask that I be allowed one more time to bring it back to the top?

Phenom100
22nd Aug 2006, 19:26
Jimgriff,

I have many military spares available. Please e-mail me at [email protected]