PDA

View Full Version : "Summer" jobbing in November ?

HeliInn
16th Aug 2006, 13:33
Hy everybody,
I am currently flyiing HEMS in Germany with 2700+ hours and ratings on BO105, BK117, EC135.
Since I have 4 weeks off in November (and Nov. is a horrible time of year in Middle Europe ::\ ) I am looking for some employment opportunity for about 4 weeks in November. Where ? Well, basically worldwide (the hotter, the better).
Seriously, does anybody know where I could go andy fly for about 4 weeks in November ? Any companies you can recommend ?
Any help is appreciated!
Regards,
HeliInn

16th Aug 2006, 15:18
Maybe you should relax for a month and let someone more desperate for the experience to work?

HillerBee
16th Aug 2006, 15:32
Are they paying so bad in Germany?

HeliInn
16th Aug 2006, 15:40
No, payment is not too bad here, it's more to do something else for a while. HEMS is good fun (to fly :-) ), but it's HEMS every day, you know... ?
Also I just got a divorce, so it's a good idea to keep me busy...

Brilliant Stuff
16th Aug 2006, 15:46
Maybe you should relax for a month and let someone more desperate for the experience to work?

I understand where you are coming from, but some of us are more mad about flying helicopters than others, so if I had a month off and could get work for said month I would be over the moon to fly some more.

Trust me your opportunity will come.

HillerBee
16th Aug 2006, 15:53
Oke, I understand. Was just kidding a bit. The problem you might run into is a work visa though, if you want to do it legally right. Anyway I wish you luck.

HeliInn
16th Aug 2006, 16:03
I understand where you are coming from, but some of us are more mad about flying helicopters than others, so if I had a month off and could get work for said month I would be over the moon to fly some more.

Yes, that is exactly my point! :)

Spunk
16th Aug 2006, 16:55
One month off in a row???? Tell me, where do I have to apply for that kind of job?:{

SASless
16th Aug 2006, 17:12
US Army, US Navy, US Marine Corps, US Air Force, US Coast Guard.:ok:

Gerhardt
16th Aug 2006, 17:18
I had a few CFIs that didn't last much more than a month. You might try that. (yes, just a bit of humor)

SASless
16th Aug 2006, 18:03
Scared them off did you Gerhardt?;)

Spunk
16th Aug 2006, 19:00
Well, well SASless. Tried that but due to history they were afraid of having a German amongst there troops :}

Quichotte
16th Aug 2006, 20:09
One month off in a row???? Tell me, where do I have to apply for that kind of job?:{

[envy /on] I bet he will working mostly on a 7/14 rotation, during summer 4/8 :ok: . It's common in the german EMS business. 180-200 days per annum he is anyway at home. [envy /off]

Thereforeit's a good idea to keep (him) busy...

With one of the most demanded and best paid german helicopter jobs it seems to me he is just bored or burnt down? Hey HeliInn, check out other countries and take a look to the the helicopter world. If you want to fly more quit german EMS and take a job in aerial work. Sure you can have a 600-800 flighthours/year employment also in Germany. But i forgot the terrible weather...:\

HeliInn
21st Aug 2006, 12:25
[COLOR=#0000ffWith one of the most demanded and best paid german helicopter jobs it seems to me he is just bored or burnt down? Hey HeliInn, check out other countries and take a look to the the helicopter world. If you want to fly more quit german EMS and take a job in aerial work. Sure you can have a 600-800 flighthours/year employment also in Germany. But i forgot the terrible weather...:\
Thanx Quichotte, but I'm really happy with my job and would never quit it :-). As you said, just a bit bored at the moment, had almost 4 weeks off now :rolleyes: