PDA

View Full Version : LOA in the states

egdg
15th Aug 2006, 15:47
We're off there shortly and because we have no admin support we can't find out if we're entitled and if so how much.
Is there a quick way to find out or is it on your treader up to handbrake house?

ZH875
15th Aug 2006, 17:39
If it is a short visit, then fill in the F7441 (or F7553 can't remember which) -Notice of detchment -and pass it to the HR Admin staff who will stick it on JPA, IIRC it works out around £12 per day(depending on where you are going), and is paid when you get back.

tablet_eraser
15th Aug 2006, 17:52
I was there a few weeks ago.

If you're staying in a civvy hotel, you're entitled to $69pd actuals. If you're on-base, in an Air Forces Inn, for example, you're entitled to $30pd actuals. Upon return you're also entitled to £10 MIE rates for each 24-hour period you were overseas. Remember to keep the bl00dy receipts! Someone told me, though, that you can claim on actuals for amounts less than $5 without a receipt; I'm not sure how accurate this is.

If you're applying for an advance on JPA you need to put in the claim dated the day you submit it, NOT the date you require the allowances. Despite JPA's many problems, I got my advance 5 days after submitting the claim. I'm not at work yet, but when I am I'll post details on how to claim a foreign currency advance, because if you miss one tiny thing you'll not get the money. Flashback to my boss bankrolling an SAC who couldn't get his advances because HR gave him the wrong information...

TheInquisitor
15th Aug 2006, 19:23
you can claim on actuals for amounts less than $5 without a receipt
True. Except it's £5 or equivalent value in foreign blatts.

If your capped rate is $69, that's ALOT of big mac meals at $5 each.....

Mactlsm1
15th Aug 2006, 23:57
egdg

Are you detached or posted to US? I Don't think that you're entitled to LOA unless you're there for >28 days. If you are posted there PM me and I will let you have the relevant details

Mac

cooheed
16th Aug 2006, 10:30
I was there last month and was given LOA for a trip that lasted 12 days. Off the top of my head it was somewhere in the region of £15 - £20 per day. The tuck rates we were given were up to $10 for breakfast and up to $52 for the rest. These were USA Off Base rates. Also got LSA for the period. As has been said though that is a lot of cash to try and eat in even some of the better establishments in the US. We were lucky if we got through $30 - $40 a day.

Bob Viking
16th Aug 2006, 11:48
I believe 10 days is the cut off for LOA, not 28.
BV:ok:

Spotting Bad Guys
16th Aug 2006, 13:00
This from JSP 752 (sad, I know but in this day of JPA 'self-service' you have to know the rules....):
LOA is payable from (and including) the date of arrival in an LOA area up to and including the day before the date of departure from the area
and
The Temporary Assignment Rate of LOA is paid when Service personnel are temporarily on duty overseas; they need not have a Temporary Assignment Order (see paragraph 06.0122). The Temporary Assignment Rate of LOA is 75% of the S/MU Full Rate of LOA payable
It's about £10 a day for a Flt Lt.
I think LSA is subject to the >=10 days rule.
Cheers
SBG