PDA

View Full Version : LXX Sqn to disband????

monkeybumhead
15th Aug 2006, 13:16
Having a look on e-goat today and I came across a thread in the rumours forum reporting a rumour that LXX was to become no more thanks to the early retirement of 4 KlassiK hercs. Any truth or is this just a malicious roumour?
Hopefully this link will work.http://www.e-goat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=1773

Nibbled2DeathByDucks
15th Aug 2006, 18:58
No news on the future of LXX, but it was 5 frames to go now, with another 5 in 12 months times.:\

Surely the writing must be on the wall?

The Gorilla
15th Aug 2006, 20:21
So what's going to happen to all those spare Air Eng's then?

k1rb5
15th Aug 2006, 20:29
The future's bright. The future's down the back!!

On_The_Top_Bunk
15th Aug 2006, 20:42
XXIV and 30 quite short of stewards apparently.

Train the engies to operate the microwave and everybody is a winner.

Marly Lite
16th Aug 2006, 00:14
LXX were surely doomed after painting the mess. Or have I got the wrong sqn?

pikeyeng
16th Aug 2006, 10:01

Send them up to cranwell to start to re-open the eng school.:ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

pr00ne
16th Aug 2006, 12:23
So,

Let me get this right. Out of a fleet of 25 C130k a/c, 5 are to be retired "now" and 5 in 12 months time?

How on earth does that square with the MoD announcements in response to stinging criticism from the Defence Select Comittee that shortfalls in both AT and SH are being addressed?

Is this another "capability window" until the 25 A400M arrive?

Added to a core fleet of 9 A330 to replace 16 VC10 and 9 Tristars, is the RAF in danger of disappearing up its own bottom?

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
16th Aug 2006, 13:49
For every 'K' that gets scrapped before A400 appears, then we need to buy a fully-fitted Mk4 'J' to replace it, convert the crews and start to ease some of the burden on the existing 'J' fleet!!

Eng's may remuster (some have already), Navs can go make somewhere else smell of wee!!:ok:

We'll always need more ALMs...ours keep breaking and PVRing due to det fatigue etc etc....:ouch:

More LAter!!
'J' Bloke!!:cool:

BEagle
16th Aug 2006, 13:52
All due, no doubt, to the 'real increase' in the Defence budget which you kept telling us your loony Labour cronies had facilitated!:uhoh:

Agree, though, that the Royal Air Flight is in danger of implosion.

Antique Driver
16th Aug 2006, 18:39
For every 'K' that gets scrapped before A400 appears, then we need to buy a fully-fitted Mk4 'J' to replace it, convert the crews and start to ease some of the burden on the existing 'J' fleet!!

And just where would the Air Wing of the British Militia get the money to buy them?? With the Army presently updating mothballed 432's from the tank museum to fill the patrol vehicle shortfall,perhaps we should ask Cosford et al for the Belfasts and Andovers back!!

Not sure everyone one wants to go 'J' either!!:uhoh:

truckiebloke
16th Aug 2006, 19:36
"Not sure everyone one wants to go 'J' either!!"

Absolutely right there mate. The rate at which the 'j' guys have been working, alot of very good and capable guys have Pvr'd and moer are going to do so.

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
16th Aug 2006, 22:24
"Not sure everyone one wants to go 'J' either!!"
Absolutely right there mate. The rate at which the 'j' guys have been working, alot of very good and capable guys have Pvr'd and moer are going to do so.

I think that some of you guys have had too much gardening time!!!:D

Charlie Luncher
16th Aug 2006, 22:33
I know a couple of AP3-C Sqns that will need engineers at least until the airframe is replaced/updated. Of course it would mean flying operationally and not in support command:ok: .
PM s if you wish:oh: .
Charlie sends

Twopack
16th Aug 2006, 22:53
Anybody know of a use for a load of overpaid Directional Consultants??

Can occasionally tell their @rse from their elbow.

:uhoh:

Always_broken_in_wilts
17th Aug 2006, 08:09
Prior to applying to C4 they should check out this website:E

http://www.clearwellmobility.co.uk/product_listing.aspx?PageID=38

Should help them all make a "fresh" start:p

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

LunchMonitor
17th Aug 2006, 08:24

There is a rumour that they have been offered to become "boom operators"? or equivalent on the FSTA, if they stick around for the death of the Klassic.

Now there's an offer you can plan your future with!

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
17th Aug 2006, 10:06
ABIW...

Just browsing were you????:eek: :eek: :eek:

More LAter;

The Gorilla
17th Aug 2006, 10:52
Lunch

Yes I have heard that one before, when I was still serving some three years ago. I didn't believe it then and I don't believe it now either! There must be quite a few Eng's with very little to do as it is at Lye or have they "leaned them down"?
:uhoh:

Grimweasel
17th Aug 2006, 12:22
They need the office space for the advance party from JHC to begin their infil process to JHC Lyneham (note RAF been dropped to keep treasury happy, after all RAF removed from Lyn, means the base has closed to RAF ops in 2012.....new unit moves in??) ;) ;)

TheInquisitor
17th Aug 2006, 16:09
Doesn't matter that JHC involves RAF personnel.....as long as the treasury think there is no RAF left at Goatacre Barracks, they'll be happy.

Antique Driver
17th Aug 2006, 18:34
£50000 a year to be a petrol pump attendant?? Brilliant - think I'll stick around to be a £65000 a year bowser driver then!!;)

Could be the last?
27th Aug 2006, 11:23
So have they?

scitzo legman
28th Aug 2006, 17:52
Does anyone know which sqn(s) is likely to get the A400M? Could it be LXX?

movadinkampa747
29th Aug 2006, 21:36
You did say plucking the fishermen didn't you?

FS245 and beyond....
29th Aug 2006, 21:41
I heard that during Fairford where the Ospreys displayed RAF head sheds had a look round one of them...

movadinkampa747
29th Aug 2006, 21:49
It gets lonely on the flightdeck with all those people onboard?

Blighter Pilot
8th May 2010, 15:16
Back to the top in light of recent events......:ok:

SirPeterHardingsLovechild
14th May 2010, 15:33
PPRuNE announcement delayed until mid-morning tommorrow, due to hangovers.

hello1
14th May 2010, 20:03
Well if the Nimrod guys can justify 3 Sqns out of 9 aircraft, which Sqn numberplate is the K OCU going to take when it stands up?