PDA

View Full Version : How much for hangarage and handling?!!

rotorspin
15th Aug 2006, 08:11
Had a quote from somewhere in the outskirts of London for £725+vat per month for hangarage and handling of an EC120!!!!!!

"Price includes valet and handling to helipad, all in its a great service. And don't forget you have 3 blades....."

Good friend of mine pays £375+vat per month for an R44........!!!!!!!

:ugh:

How much do you guys pay????? I know that nothing in life comes for free, and the age old "well if you fly helicopters, its not cheap" but come on!!! This is mad pricing isn't it?!!! :bored: :confused:

canterbury crusader
15th Aug 2006, 08:27
How much would it cost for a full set of covers? Not as good a hanger but they will still protect it.

007helicopter
15th Aug 2006, 21:05
£225 a month for my humble Hiller, 20miles From London, Ground Crew take in and out on a dolly but no valet.

NickLappos
16th Aug 2006, 14:34
I presume that fantastic expense buys the services of a fellow who stands by and REMINDS you that you have three blades, "Don't forget, Sir, you have THREE blades...." An invaluable service, n'est-pas?

Stan Switek
16th Aug 2006, 14:56
Till recently I was paying $250 a month for shared hangar. The allowed me to use their golf cart to tow out to the ramp. It was a great deal I fell into. Only problem was the hangar was an hours drive from my home. Have since sold the helicopter.

helicopter-redeye
16th Aug 2006, 14:59
£293.75 (includes VAT at 17.5%)/ month. All pushing in and out by a team of trained firefighters. No valet (to assist one to dress ???). And only 2 blades (4 if you count the T/R).

:cool:

muffin
16th Aug 2006, 17:06
£75 per month for my R22 and I push it in and out myself. There is even water there if I want to wash it.

John Eacott
16th Aug 2006, 22:05
Hangarage costs are skyrocketing around Australia, significantly since airports were "privatised". Most second level major city GA airports seem to have fallen into the hands of developers, who will pay lip-service to their contractual requirements to maintain a airport, but only just. My hangar and offices in Qld had a 68% increase in charges earlier this year, but no client downstream of me will accept such an increase :ugh:

A three bladed EC120 will take up double the floor space of a two bladed B206, unless you want to expose your pride and joy to damage from intermeshing blades with a neighbouring machine. Even a 206 on a trolley will take 60-100% more floor space than a 206 pushed in on its handling wheels.

Considering that hangaring an aircraft is recognised as adding 10% to any resale value, plus the protection that it affords your investment, it is a worthwhile and sensible cost to incur. We look at $A600 per month for a B206, and $A1000 for a BK117, as indicative cost in a capital city GA airport.

For comparison:
$A600 = £242
$A1000 = £403

H.

Xavier Dosh
17th Aug 2006, 13:03
Hi there,

My view is that perhaps, some owners are not charging enough for hangarage. I think it's specific to each operator/hangar keeper.

However, I would say that £725.00 per month is a perfectly reasonable price to pay if the Hangar is smart & tidy and doesn't have holes in the roof.

If the handlers do a good job and the aircraft is presented to you on time, clean and with the correct amount of fuel that you have asked for, I would suggest that you're not paying over the odds.

It's only £24.00 per day, averaged over 365 days

Xavier

Heliport
17th Aug 2006, 13:47
Xavier Dosh

Interesting combination of username and content. :)

Would you like to say whether you're an aircraft owner?
Pilot?
Involved in providing hangarage?
Involved in hangarage on the outskirts of London (as per Rotorspin's post)?

Xavier Dosh
18th Aug 2006, 11:04
Hello Heliport,

I'm sorry for the delay in posting a reply.

I'm not a pliot or owner.

However, I am involved in providing hangarage within the London / M25 area.

Heliport
18th Aug 2006, 14:24
Thanks for responding.

There was something about your previous post which made me suspect you might be. ;)

H.

scooter boy
21st Aug 2006, 16:00
I hate to be a smartarse :cool: but I can't resist it - I pay £0 for hangarage of my R44 - that is zero, zilch, nada, nothing.
Cornish cowshed within curtilage which came with house helps.
Conversion to hangar cost £4000, Helimover £2000, Pilot Controlled Lighting £700, Pre-loved Industrial Dehumidifier £250. Flying from home to work almost every day between March and October - priceless.
I have space for an R22 if anybody is interested and would charge considerably less that Xavier Dosh feels reasonable.
Only problem - it's in Cornwall!

Hangarage for my Mooney costs me £280 inc vat per month. I do the moving and valeting (suits you sir! :ooh: ) whatever that is.

If you are looking in the London area why not try Redhill - they very kindly stuck my R44 in a hangar for 1 week in Nov 2004 whilst I flew out of LGW to the US and back. Cost £50 - and they even helped me with the moving/valeting - big empty hangar and really great guys :D .

Every time I venture within the M25 my wallet gets liposucked.

Xavier Dosh mate, you ain't 'avin any of mine sunshine :p