PDA

View Full Version : One Six Right

theschultx
15th Aug 2006, 06:28
Does anyone know where I can get the dvd on the European side of the pond? Looks like an amazing film - or better, anyone have one they want to get rid of?

dirkdj
15th Aug 2006, 06:40
A friend of mine had it shipped over by a friend on the other side. I watched it, it is well made. Somewhat sentimental documentary of Los Angeles municipal airport, now Van Nuys.

Be aware that it is region protected and will not play on a normal EU DVD player unless you change the region settings of the DVD player. I was able to play it on my computer.

mustafagander
17th Aug 2006, 11:00
Be aware that it is region protected and will not play on a normal EU DVD player unless you change the region settings of the DVD player. I was able to play it on my computer.

Waaaay off topic, but the info required to remove region coding from a DVD player is easily available on the net. Usually all that is required is a sequence keyed into the machine via the remote.

ormus55
17th Aug 2006, 19:25
you cannot buy the dvd this side of the pond. copyright reasons or summat. the producer sent me an email to tell me, after i was on the waiting list for months!

im getting a friend to buy a copy in the usa and post it to me.

my cheapo dvd player will play almost anything.

ps, ive even tried to find a copy online to dl, and theres none about the usual suspect sites. nowt on ebay either.

Cahlibahn
17th Aug 2006, 20:26
It's available online at one of the UK GA magazines' website. Advertising is not allowed here (although I have no connection with Flyer) so I won't post the URL.

ormus55
17th Aug 2006, 23:24
It's available online at one of the UK GA magazines' website. Advertising is not allowed here (although I have no connection with Flyer) so I won't post the URL.

well thats very odd indeed. the email from terwilliger productions, tells me that it wont be sold in the uk and cannot be posted to the uk.
:hmm:

dirkdj
18th Aug 2006, 05:09
Probably because the rights for the UK/Europe etc have been sold.

Cahlibahn
18th Aug 2006, 07:33
Ormuss55 - Check your PMs