PDA

View Full Version : the solution to vision problems

CPLtitov
13th Aug 2006, 23:03
Well to all of you who have vision problems, the CAA published the solution :

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAPAP200104.PDF (page68)

in other words: do the PRK vision correction surgery, don't declare it in ur initial class one in Gatwick and ur OK !
any comments ?

el !
13th Aug 2006, 23:44
This paper will be helping me immensely. Thank you CPL!

Irishwingz
14th Aug 2006, 09:58
Very encouraging for short sighted people - especially those outside the limits :D

Not very encouraging for people with a high degree of long sightedness though:(

CPLtitov
14th Aug 2006, 13:13
anyone can verify this information?
does anyone have a link to the description of the eye exam written on this website by a member who had the class one ?
try to keep this info as much secret as you can , for your own good and use of it

Jimmy The Big Greek
14th Aug 2006, 23:26
be carefull.

All kinds of refractive corrections can be found with a topographical image of the eye. Although not many JAA members use it for the routine testing because its to expensive.

Just because they are not using it now doesn't mean that they never going to use it. As technology advances this kind of equipment will get much cheaper.

In 5-10 years maybe all CAA are obligiged to have this eqipment and I really think this is going to happen because its not only useful to detect eye sugery but also to see exactly what your prescription is. I am pretty sure that in the near future your local optrician will have this equipment to.
Are you going to risk it????? Are you going to be scared the rest of your career.

I have done LASIK and I am really happy that I did it but I told them about it during my medical.

ACIDO
4th Sep 2006, 14:04
[QUOTE=CPLtitov;2776143]Well to all of you who have vision problems, the CAA published the solution :

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/CAPAP200104.PDF (page68)

in other words: do the PRK vision correction surgery, don't declare it in ur initial class one in Gatwick and ur OK !
any comments ?[/QUOTE

I've read the paper carefully because I'm directly interested in the problem, but it didn't seem to say that. Where is it written that it would be enough to make PRK and not to declare it to go around the law restrictions? And also: which value has that document?

Many thanx to anybody will answer.

ACIDO

wannabepilot1531
5th Sep 2006, 01:12
while we are on this topic. what are the limits for vision for a commercial airline pilot. im sure this has been answered many time in the forum, but ill just slide it in here. thanks