PDA

View Full Version : Indulgence

TheInquisitor
13th Aug 2006, 15:53
Does anybody know if it is still possible to indulge oneself and one's Nagger & Rugrats to Washington (or anywhere else in the US?). I know we used to have a DC trooper, which later on became 'booked seats' on a BA schedule.

Movers (or anyone else in the know for that matter)???

goatmanni
13th Aug 2006, 16:59
Yeah, get yer cheque book out and pay for a guaranteed seat, ye tight wad!

Jimlad1
13th Aug 2006, 17:12
Don't think so. The Trooper is now made into the virgin Flights with pre-allocated seats. I don't think there is indulgence seats, although both Virgin and BA provide a 10% discount to forces personnel and families.

I heard the contract had expired though - does anyone know who is now doing Trooping?

TheInquisitor
13th Aug 2006, 18:02
The cheapest flight I can find is nudging £2000 for 2 adults and 2 kids. BA's so-called 'Forces Discount' is a joke - since you have to book by phone, even with the discount applied it is STILL more expensive than buying from BA's website as a private citizen!

Comp Charlie
13th Aug 2006, 19:50
Nope 'fraid not...

The VC10 trooper to IAD-BZE was the last chance to do this and obviously this ended a fair few years ago now.

The Part-Charter operated by VS to IAD has no Indulgence capability obviously.

However, I'm pretty sure VS do some good deals from time to time for Military/ MOD travel Stateside. Give them a call and ask...(Nowhere NEAR Indulgence prices though!!!)

CC

Sunfish
13th Aug 2006, 19:59
Many, many many years ago one could get a ride on a U.S. MAC aircraft to just about anywhere for free if you had passport, letter from CO and didn't mind not having a seat.