PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence

Durka_Durka
11th Aug 2006, 12:14
Hey everyone, im 5 days away from my filter interview at the AFCO and i was just wondering if anyone has some information on Intelligence Officer as i have put it down on my app after Pilot and Nav. I havent really been able to get hold of much info on the role, it would be great if anyone in here could help.

Cheers, DD

Tombstone
11th Aug 2006, 12:26
After 30 seconds of searching on the RAF website, I found this:

http://www.rafcareers.com/jobs/intelligenceofficer.cfm

They won't expect you to know anything that is not available in the public forum.

Good luck with the interview.:ok:

6foottanker
11th Aug 2006, 12:29
Is this a waaaaaaaaaah???:E

Durka_Durka
11th Aug 2006, 12:29
Cheers tomb, i just thought i may need more as the office commander told me to know the role inside out.
Good to know im not missing anything glaring

Cheers, DD

JAG3
11th Aug 2006, 12:33
Wiki is very good for stating the role and everything else that is needed to be known.

Good luck for the interview:ok:

Tombstone
11th Aug 2006, 12:45
If you are not already serving, I can't see how you could be expected to know the job inside out. IntO is a rather sensitive job & I think you'd have a hard time getting to know much more than what is available on the web & RAF publications.

If he gives you a hard time, punch him in the face & then tell him you predicted that happening 10 mins previous & are perfect for the branch.:E

Durka_Durka
11th Aug 2006, 12:49
Haha, thanks for the help guys, i didnt think i would be able to get much more info on intelligence, sort of defeats the object i imagine.

Also, and this may be another stupid question, what is Wiki?

Thanks again, DD

stiknruda
11th Aug 2006, 12:51
Wiki is a backward Kiwi nav!

Compressorstall
11th Aug 2006, 12:51
Also try not to be tied down by any concrete evidence and give subjective opinions wherever possible.

JAG3
11th Aug 2006, 13:01
Wiki is Wikipedia (think I've spelt that right) and it is more or less an online library of anything you need to know. Google search it then search for whatever RAF role your interested in and it will give you detail you couldn't imagine anywhere else.:ok:

Runaway Gun
11th Aug 2006, 14:08
I just wiki'd "Benefits of JPA", and my computer just said "NO"

Always_broken_in_wilts
11th Aug 2006, 14:18
I just Wiki'd Intelligence Officer and it came back with "oxymoron":E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Washington_Irving
11th Aug 2006, 14:40
If you're applying to be an Int O and want to appear extroverted and outgoing, make sure that you're looking at the shoes of the interviewer (rather than your own) when you're talking to them.

samuraimatt
11th Aug 2006, 14:56
If you're applying to be an Int O and want to appear extroverted and outgoing, make sure that you're looking at the shoes of the interviewer (rather than your own) when you're talking to them.

Will he be able to see them under the table?

Kane Toed
11th Aug 2006, 15:33
Depends if he's kneeling

samuraimatt
11th Aug 2006, 16:30
Depends if he's kneeling

Is that the interviewer or interviewee you are referring to?

11th Aug 2006, 16:33
You want to be an Int O and you have to ask what a Wiki is? Methinks you may be heading for the wrong job. :uhoh:

akula
11th Aug 2006, 23:31
On a lighter note a quote from BBC News 24 yesterday

"There are two types of intelligence, good intelligence and bad intelligence"

It almost sounds like a line in Team America:}

ALWAYS assume NEVER check

Washington_Irving
12th Aug 2006, 00:24

No, but it's the view of the JIC that the interviewing officer has, for the last decade, embarked on a comprehensive and relentless program aimed at acquiring shoes and that at least one pair are currently located in a concealed position under the desk- and/or to the North, South, East and/or West of that location.

16 blades
12th Aug 2006, 01:35
Bad move, Durka_Durka, as I happen to know for a fact that you have NO intelligence!!! :8 :E

Good luck fella!

16B

Always_broken_in_wilts
12th Aug 2006, 10:02
16B's if, as you suggest he has no intelligence he must be an ideal candidate for the job:E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Reverb
12th Aug 2006, 11:08
You have put Int O on your application form. You have told us that you want to be an INT O. At interview I would ask you why? Why this chosen branch? What will you do expect to do? Clearly, you must know because you have applied to be one !!
Sounds to me like a form filler - if I dont get Pilot then I will be an Int O.....what ever that is.........'cos it sounds good and...........?
You need to know far more to convince me at interview of your conviction. I wonder if your knowledge of the Pilot WSO branch is equally as thin? I hope not.
R

Pontius Navigator
13th Aug 2006, 21:04
and there are very few slots for IO.

RAFP OTOH :} they have intelligence . . .