PDA

View Full Version : schengen countries

scooter boy
11th Aug 2006, 09:25
Can anyone advise me on whether the UK and / or Jersey are Schengen countries?
I am planning to fly to Mallorca Son Bonet (LESB) tomorrow and would prefer to route EGJJ to LESB without an intermediate stop.
LESB ops tell me that I would need a stop in France or Spain en route.

Thanks,
SB

bookworm
11th Aug 2006, 09:30
Can anyone advise me on whether the UK and / or Jersey are Schengen countries?
I am planning to fly to Mallorca Son Bonet (LESB) tomorrow and would prefer to route EGJJ to LESB without an intermediate stop.
LESB ops tell me that I would need a stop in France or Spain en route.

The UK is not a Schengen country. Jersey is not even an EU state. Unless LESB can provide customs facilities for arrivals from outside the EU, after EGJJ you would need to stop in France or Spain at a customs airport.

scooter boy
11th Aug 2006, 09:35
Thanks bookworm,
just checking - I think I'll choose Dinard and avoid the Spanish bureaucracy until the very last minute.
Thanks,
SB

bookworm
11th Aug 2006, 11:07
You're welcome. Stops in France tend not to be particularly expensive, and, depending on what you're flying of course, EGJJ to LESB sounds like a long time in the air.

mde
11th Aug 2006, 16:44
did the trip 18 months ago went Jersey Dinard usually get a quick turnaround at Dinard. Check availability of avgas enroute shortage in France due apparently to the hot weather and you may have to divert make sure you have ALL the required paperwork for Son Bonet

Flying Boat
14th Aug 2006, 08:08
Don't forget, the lovely Bretons in Dinard consider Jersey to Dinard a local flight so cheaper landing fees.

Many plates changed for Dinard in June, Jepps & Aerads - St Brieuc too.

Dinard landing fee payment has changed too, you have to go to the firemen airside to pay before going landside otherwise you will be forced to go all the way back through security, customs, etc and pay them. If Ryannair is there you might have a 2 hour delay, the golden harp rules dinard when there.:ugh:

Perpignan might be a good en-route fuel stop if necessary.

Have a good trip:ok:
FB