PDA

View Full Version : Being 'Stretched' is acceptable?

Permanent Sand
10th Aug 2006, 22:30
Defence Secretary Des Browne has insisted that British forces were "stretched, but not overstretched".

I'm not sure I like the way someone can make a point that we are only "stretched".

That's ok then?

The Helpful Stacker
10th Aug 2006, 23:14
Defence Secretary Des Browne has insisted that British forces were "stretched, but not overstretched".

I'm not sure I like the way someone can make a point that we are only "stretched".

That's ok then?

I'm sure some civil serpent is hurriedly making up a chart to show the difference between stretched and over-stretched, with stretched in a lovely, calming shade on pale blue and over-stretched in horrible, anti-Christ red.:rolleyes:

Runaway Gun
10th Aug 2006, 23:38
Almost - Overstretched will just be a warmer, slightly darker shade of blue.

The representative line of Spectrum Colors has yet to feature the rest of the rainbow... :uhoh:

South Bound
11th Aug 2006, 06:52
What he didn't go into, of course, was the fact that 'stretched' becomes 'overstretched' after a certain period of time. 'Stretched' is unsustainable in the long term - I just wonder what his timescales are - probably after they lose the next election....

Saintsman
11th Aug 2006, 08:41
The trouble with being 'stretched' is that it will become the norm.

This will mean that in the future 'overstretched' will be just 'stretched' and that'll be okay......

Jimlad1
11th Aug 2006, 08:43
"I'm sure some civil serpent is hurriedly making up a chart to show the difference between stretched and over-stretched, with stretched in a lovely, calming shade on pale blue and over-stretched in horrible, anti-Christ red."

Actually you'll probably find that in Main Building it'll be some forces type doing it in a hurry so he can get away on the Friday lunchtime train.