PDA

View Full Version : A Nod To All Pilots & Crews & Passengers

gorgeous spotter
10th Aug 2006, 17:59
Hi,

Just want to say to all involved in the airline industry, especially the above, you all do a great job. Feel sick today with the news of what was being planned, but has hopefully been foiled, and it does not put me off flying; just makes me sad and angry that people want to do this sort of thing. Thats all I want to say really. I am not flying anywhere yet, but it definitely won't stop me living my life, and enjoying reading some of the witty threads of this forum; thanks for letting me be a tiny part of it. Keep up the good work and may we all go about our daily duties and be safe, especially you guys and girls.

TightSlot
10th Aug 2006, 19:03
Thanks, on behalf of the entire industry (don't get to say that often).

Stay Gorgeous!

graphitestick
10th Aug 2006, 19:33
I've been on shift today and it's been pretty chaotic to say the least. We at security are the last port of call for passengers and most have been very patient but there is always one who has to kick off. Can you believe we even had someone with a bullet on a keyring.

SXB
10th Aug 2006, 21:30
Can you believe we even had someone with a bullet on a keyring

I can imagine that it took a lot of patience not to suggest a very good use for that particlular item:)

I can only begin to imagine how difficult today has been for anyone connected to the airport and airline business, at least passengers could decide to just turn round and go home, and I believe a lot did just that.

lexxity
11th Aug 2006, 14:12
I wasn't working yesterday but on behalf of my collegues who had a very trying day on the ground THANKS Gorgeous.:ok:

apaddyinuk
11th Aug 2006, 15:55
Awww....well on behalf of the industry...Thank you! :D

gorgeous spotter
12th Aug 2006, 11:21
Thanks to all those of you who have taken the trouble to read my thread and to reply; really much appreciated and was sincerely meant. Gorgeous

Gouabafla
12th Aug 2006, 15:18
Agreed! Well done to everyone who keeps the planes flying and the pax moving. Despite the hassle yesterday, the staff at Heathrow were unfailingly friendly and smiling.

Earthmover
13th Aug 2006, 01:16
Well now let me just turn this around ......

In the last 3 days - including the our first departure after the measures were introduced - I have carried 1284 passengers. Not one - not a single one - has complained in any way whatever, despite having to unload precious and fragile items into the hold, be fondled at the security point, be delayed by hours and then having to carry their personal (sometimes for the ladies very personal) items in a plastic bag for all to see.

Thank you.:ok:

crew the screw
14th Aug 2006, 11:05
Thanks Gorgeous!

Let's get back to being the GREAT British and not let these Wallies get us down. wheather we are Pax, Cabin Crew, Security, Engineers, Ground staff or the Pilots... Power to us!!!

Woo Hoo!:ok:

Keep reading and posting Gorgeous, we like you:D

gorgeous spotter
14th Aug 2006, 17:26
Thanks Gorgeous!

Let's get back to being the GREAT British and not let these Wallies get us down. wheather we are Pax, Cabin Crew, Security, Engineers, Ground staff or the Pilots... Power to us!!!

Woo Hoo!:ok:

Keep reading and posting Gorgeous, we like you:D

Well.......thanks Crew the Screw! Take care.

Love Gorgeous

gorgeous spotter
14th Aug 2006, 18:28
Well now let me just turn this around ......

In the last 3 days - including the our first departure after the measures were introduced - I have carried 1284 passengers. Not one - not a single one - has complained in any way whatever, despite having to unload precious and fragile items into the hold, be fondled at the security point, be delayed by hours and then having to carry their personal (sometimes for the ladies very personal) items in a plastic bag for all to see.

Thank you.:ok:

Earthmover,

Know you made a couple of posts late last night and got into a rather heated debate with others; hope that its not put you off reading Passengers and Self Loading Freight; thanks once again for reading my thread and thankyou for replying; there seems to have been a couple of replies moved so just to say yes I totally agree, the measures are there to keep us all safe in these uncertain times and its no hardship to any of us if security is beefed up and the process takes longer etc etc. Happy flying!

Gorgeous

nervousflyer
14th Aug 2006, 23:22
Hi,

Just want to say to all involved in the airline industry, especially the above, you all do a great job. .... Keep up the good work and may we all go about our daily duties and be safe, especially you guys and girls.

Here, here! My best friend is air crew and I worry about her all the time. I admire the sterling work that you guys do, and the dedication and studying that it takes

angels
15th Aug 2006, 08:41
Totally agree with gorgeous' sentiments.

Just a thought, are crew subject to the same delays/grief etc? I assume some sort of fastrack procedure is in place. It would be a bit daft to have a planeload of pax waiting on the stand because the pilot is queuing in a car park somewhere!

gorgeous spotter
16th Aug 2006, 19:16

Just a thought, are crew subject to the same delays/grief etc? I assume some sort of fastrack procedure is in place. It would be a bit daft to have a planeload of pax waiting on the stand because the pilot is queuing in a car park somewhere!

Angels, was listening to Radio Five Live in the car coming home from work tonight, and an airport worker had texted in to say he was upset because his black cherry yoghurt had been confiscated from his lunchbox ! - so I would say that yes, all workers involved (including the flight crews?) are being affected; but if it keeps all safe then you will agree with me its got to be so worth it. Would be interesting though if some crew reply and let us know, bless them. On another note I've got quite a few colleagues/friends flying out tomorrow and I am a bit concerned for them.

Regards Angels,

Gorgeous

agent x
16th Aug 2006, 20:59
Well done to everyone!! And a special well done to the different airlines Ticket Desk Staff (of which i am one!) Its been a tough week!! Sooo Big Huge Hugs to all airline workers accross the globe from Agent x!!

Ax

Earthmover
18th Aug 2006, 18:23
Hey Gorgeous ... not a bit of it! Just working, working! Thanks for the thought! :ok:

cockerel
19th Aug 2006, 15:06
Couldnt agree more. But we can't ever let them win or make us think twice about flying in the future. Profiling has worked in Israel, and if any airline was ever going to be targeted it would be thiers, so if we hurt some feelings by making some sections of the public have extra checks then so be it. Keep flying guys:D

An angry passenger that admires all the work done in these difficult time!!

jokova
19th Aug 2006, 22:10
Of course, of course, of course, it's all very unpleasant for everyone concerned (i.e. all who fly where everyone else wants to fly - unlike where I fly - as remote from all external threat as you can get) - but just take a wee raincheck before being too precious in a post.

And also acknowledge for once how absurd it is that the little old lady from Nunawadding with her pacemaker and new knees and hips is strip searched while the man with the big black beard walks straight through.

If you want to read fatuous crap from an airline executive re security, search PPRuNe Amanda+Virgin Blue who was mouthing off her glib stock phrases last week after a little stunt by the ABC TV program Chasers' War Against Everything. The truth is NOTHING will stop the cunning operative. He will wreak his harm no matter what obstacles are put in his way. If you want to be fear free, get another job, stay at home or come and work in the Australian Outback - it's not a convict colony anymore. Real characters are everywhere, whoever's buying.

TightSlot
20th Aug 2006, 14:50
Ummm, yes... thank you: That was very... ummm... helpful. (I think... possibly)

I'm taking a wild guess... but have the pubs just hit closing time in Tasmania and there's nothing on TV?

gorgeous spotter
20th Aug 2006, 18:47
Ummm, yes... thank you: That was very... ummm... helpful. (I think... possibly)

I'm taking a wild guess... but have the pubs just hit closing time in Tasmania and there's nothing on TV?

Ummm..........I was a bit baffled too......:confused:

Gorgeous

gorgeous spotter
23rd Aug 2006, 18:56

Hi All,

We were wondering why no pilot has replied to our questions about whether crews etc are subject to the same delays as the rest of us? It would be greatly appreciated if one of you could let us know. Quite a few people in various professional circles are asking that very question so if you could answer and keep us informed then that would be great.:ok: Thanks though still for all the other acknowledgements.!!

Your humble servants, the pax!!!

Love Gorgeous

lexxity
23rd Aug 2006, 20:37
Hi Gorgeous,

it's being discussed here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239602#).

The answer is yes they are and people are not happy.

gorgeous spotter
24th Aug 2006, 18:05
Hi Gorgeous,

it's being discussed here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=239602#).

The answer is yes they are and people are not happy.

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply Lexxity; and thanks for the useful link, very interesting.:ok:

Gorgeous