PDA

View Full Version : training in the UK

bobjim
9th Aug 2006, 06:29
hey folks - here's a question for all you aussie/uk pilots out there: why is it so many people from the uk come to train in australia? is it just the cost? is it better training...?

AlanM
9th Aug 2006, 08:20
I would guess that the price and higher chance of better wx is the biggest factor.

(though I am sure yr trg is very good too!!:) )

Bertie Thruster
9th Aug 2006, 11:28
The coriolis force,being reversed, just makes things a little easier to handle in a flare.

Whirlygig
9th Aug 2006, 11:38
Won't that depend on whether you are flying a clockwise-rotating rotor or anti-clockwise? Are French helicopters easier to fly in France or in New Zealand?

Cheers

Whirls

Gordy
9th Aug 2006, 12:14
What about "inverse flow" ----- Are you not all "inverted" down there?

topendtorque
9th Aug 2006, 14:06
Gordy
We're not *rse up yet --- despite CASA's attempts,

but the introverted bit -if you mean that- well didn't we get that from you guys an all.
tet

BaronG
9th Aug 2006, 14:46
hey folks - here's a question for all you aussie/uk pilots out there: why is it so many people from the uk come to train in australia? is it just the cost? is it better training...?

Price, Wx, perception that it's nicer than the USA....

I think also some of the schools imply (if not openly claim) that jobs like cattle mustering are easy to walk into for your 105 hour CPL (is it 105 hour or am I remembering somewhere else?).

They also don't mention the gap in hours between CPL and Flight Instructing.

I know at least one guy who just saw the CPL price, compared it to other countries, found it to be cheaper, and then discovered the hard way, that the CPL wasn't going to be enough...

BG.