PDA

View Full Version : First-time flyer in police chase

johnny99
8th Aug 2006, 19:49
Now that's what I call air defence!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/5257040.stm

stillagoodguy
8th Aug 2006, 21:26
What a shame they did not have a missile to launch at the scumbags and obliterate them, whereas the woman thief received a 'caution' and the other two were released, no doubt to plan their next raid on innocent law abiding citizens legally acquired property.:ugh:

Should have called up the Israeli air force and reported Hizbolloh terrorists were on board the caravan outfit:mad:

sir.pratt
8th Aug 2006, 21:29
"The student pilot I was with, and myself, just screamed with pleasure"

that's happened to me a couple of times, but we weren't chasing a caravan....

propwash866
8th Aug 2006, 23:06
[QUOTE=sir.pratt]"The student pilot I was with, and myself, just screamed with pleasure"

Heard to be said quite regularly in York, Sleaford, Shrewsbury etc... :E

Talking Radalt
9th Aug 2006, 01:34
What a shame they did not have a missile to launch at the scumbags and obliterate them, whereas the woman thief received a 'caution' and the other two were released, no doubt to plan their next raid on innocent law abiding citizens legally acquired property.:ugh:

They stole a caravan for heaven's sake. They deserve a round of applause. :D

Cpt_Pugwash
9th Aug 2006, 10:05
The pilots remarks remind me of a caption on a BBc website -

2/10 Here's Lizzie in the cockpit of the RAF Tri Star plane about to land at Ascension island on the way to Antarctica. Lizzie says this was one of her fave moment of the trip as she reckons coming through the clouds felt heavenly!

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/pictures/galleries/newsid_3466000/3466385.stm

nick0021
9th Aug 2006, 10:16
"The student pilot I was with, and myself, just creamed with pleasure"

Thats just wrong :E :}

Studefather
9th Aug 2006, 10:54
"....shadowed the caravan being towed by a van from 1,500ft in the air down the A1."

Confused me 'til I realised it was a Cessna behind a Shorts.

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
10th Aug 2006, 05:43
Good thing his Pegasus Quik (no, it's not rhyming slang!) didn't have a headwind! Would have been a very short chase.

Fg Off Max Stout
10th Aug 2006, 10:22
Pugwash,

Sounds like the Newsround presenters are living up to the reputation of certain Blue Peter presenters in RAF circles. Katie Hill always took full advantage of her visits to RAF Officers' Messes. Allegedly.