PDA

View Full Version : Ice 2006/2007

bellsux
8th Aug 2006, 10:21
Anyone know who is doing what, who for and what with for this summers Antarctic season?

pohm1
8th Aug 2006, 14:16
Too cold for me, but I may have a mate in the know. Email me for some goss or I'll see you for a coldie on the Goldie!
P1

Squeaks
9th Aug 2006, 06:43
On the basis that Brett R has edited his posts (two days ago!) in the LifeFlight thread to take out his assurance that he was pulling out of commercial work, I'd hazard a guess that the French will be subsidised by a registered charity again :(

Spunk
9th Aug 2006, 07:48
Weel, I'm pretty sure that the german helicopter operator "Helitransair" will send two BO 105s down there again. Rumours say that "Heli Service Wasserthal" is struggling to get his hands on another "never come back mission" with the Indians. :oh:

HeliDriverNZ
9th Aug 2006, 10:46
Helicopters New Zealand are back with the Italian's again for another season and they apparently almost got a contract with the Americans but missed out when they decided to go with an American company which is fair enough.

spencer17
13th Aug 2006, 07:38
@Spunk. You're right ! I'll go to Antarctica for Heli Transair 24th this month and yes Helicopter Service Wasserthal was on an Indian ship but they are back:}. I heard about some "minor" problems regarding the food "Indian Style" etc.
The German RV "Polarsten" is a really nice place to work. Good food and service, safe and a highly experienced crew making the trips allways a pleasure.
I'll be back in November and probably post some pictures.

Spunk
13th Aug 2006, 11:50
Hi Spencer,

safe and a highly experienced crew

So how come they are sending you down there then?? :} :} :}

Just kidding, fly safe and listen to what Juergen is telling you.:ok:

spencer17
13th Aug 2006, 13:31
Hi Spunk,

I was talking about the ship's crew, not about me :E .

Spencer17

spencer17
13th Aug 2006, 13:33
Hi Spunk,

you got a PM.

Spencer17