PDA

View Full Version : Multiple pax on one booking ref

grow45
7th Aug 2006, 21:54
A group of five of us are booked on a low cost under one booking ref. One of the group is not going to make the flight and as always there are no refunds. Do we need to bother telling the airline or does he simply not turn up. Given the reputation of low costs I can see them saying at check in that none of us can fly because the party travelling is not the same as the one booked and then selling us the same seats at a huge price becasue we are having to book then so late. Does anybody have any experience with this and is it a real concern or am I just overly cynical?

I could tell the airline that we are one short but the only way to do that is an 0871 number which no doubt will cost a fortune and I resent paying the airline even more just to tell them that they will have an empty seat they can resell to somebody else.

Thanks

g45

woolyalan
8th Aug 2006, 08:26
Don't worry, they dont need to know in advance,
they just book who's there on at the time (at least with the experience i have had) never really had any trouble, they only really start being iffy if you try to take more people on than the card says :} but then its not just airline checkin staff that are 'concerned'