PDA

View Full Version : Hour building (India)

Robp
6th Aug 2006, 19:30
I gained my PPL in Feb this year in Florida and have been building my hours as best i can back in the UK. Next year i am travelling around India and would like to do an intense 50 hours (2 weeks) whilst there. Can anyone recommend a flying school and are there further issues i should be aware of in respect of flying in India?? Any advice would be most gratefully received. Thanks

iamanaussiemavrick
7th Aug 2006, 08:20
Hi,

I think (not sure) before you fly in india you will have to have PPL from India.

DGCA are having some different and strict rules.

There are many flying clubs in india but i am not sure whether they are active as any in US or not, like the one in my state is not at all having any flying...yet its a flying club.

ait-titan is one thing i think is comin up..

visit www.ait-titan.com (http://www.ait-titan.com) make a query with them..they might give you enough information..or make a post in south-east asia forum

Hope i was able to give you some help.

Regards

Kanak:ok:

hpcock
7th Aug 2006, 10:15
Before you can fly any a/c registered in India, you need to have a security clearance done by the DGCA. You comlete a no. of forms and they are scrutinised bty the Ministry of External Affairs & The Ministry of Communications based in Delhi. Takes approx 4 - 6 weeks to complete. Usual checks are conducted...Narcotics,terrorism, etc...

Best thing to do is talk to the licensing Directorate at the DGCA, you can find their no. @ www.dgca.nic.in (http://www.dgca.nic.in)

Hope this helps

HPC

Robp
7th Aug 2006, 12:48
iamanaussiemavrick and hpcock

Thanks both for your good advice, i will check these things out. Thankfully i have no history of narcotics etc and so this won't be too much of an issue. Will check out www.ait-titan.com (http://www.ait-titan.com/) and make contact with schools individually. Do you know if the security checks etc can be carreied out in the UK, similar to when you fly in the US (i.e. US embassy in London)?? Thanks again:ok:

potkettleblack
7th Aug 2006, 14:09
Watch out for the monsoon:)

kala87
16th Aug 2006, 14:20
I'm pretty sure there's an active flying club at the old Delhi Airport (not Indira Gandhi International), which is in south Delhi quite near the Government buildings. Maybe they can help you.

paul7e72003
29th Aug 2006, 10:52
hi everyone.
this is paul from india.Don't make a big mistake by coming to india for your flight hrs.the flying clubs over here r not operational.sleepy clubs.situation over here is very critical and unimaginable.the air-titan what someone referred is a newly started school with no planes.
This flying school is teaching ground studies right now and they r waiting for the planes to come.i don't want anyone to be mis'guided.please don't take a decision to come to india for flying.it is unimaginable over here.
The flying schools here have about 2 or 3 planes with nearly 80 students waiting for their training to move on.try some other best places for your hr building.ALL THE BEST.

Piltdown Man
30th Aug 2006, 22:26
Indian colleagues of mine suggest that there are very "interesting" bureaucratic procedures designed to prevent aviation, of all sorts, occuring in India. Those on the bottom of the pile are the poorest - private pilots. Why don't you spend the money gambling or, if you want interesting flying, try Oz, NZ, RSA etc...

FlyinLow
31st Aug 2006, 05:06
If you want hour building come down to Canada, its cheap compare to Europe. I have seem many European students here, either studing here or building hours here. The PPL conversion is quite easy to do also.

dr_peter
31st Aug 2006, 14:07
So do you just need a FAA PPL for Canada then?

colonial pilot
31st Aug 2006, 21:26
To fly in Canada You need A Canadian PPL or Foriegn Licence Validation certificate both of witch are fairly easy to get.

To get a the FLVC you only need to show up with your Valid PPL from your home contry.

To get a CDN PPL issued based on your Foriegn PPL you need a Valid Canadian Category 3 Medical (Category one if you want to do CPL Training), You will also need to do the PSTAR exam. and then you need to file the application with Transport Canada. As long as your home country's PPL meets the same requirements as Canada's they will Issue a PPL that is valid as long as you maintian the Medical Certificate.

You would need a PPL to train so that Transport Canada Can issue the rating or licence to your licence or file.

If you were time building only you would only need the validation to fly a Canadian Aircraft.

Also if your come for six months or less you can come on a regular Visa you don't need a student permit and there are no special Background checks other than the Visa or student permit. So it quite easy to come to Canada to train or time build.

The cost of flying and accomodations is also very resonable in certian areas of the country like southern Alberta.

no job
9th Mar 2007, 15:22
hello all i need to do some 50 hours or so, and also do it as cheap
as possible. i was thinking about doing it in india as it seems really
cheap. can annyone shed any light on this? or any other places
where i can do these hours dirt cheap. any info will be greatly apprectiated.
thanks.

soulfly
10th Mar 2007, 08:41
hey Robp :)

Like you said , youve already got your PPL and need to build up your hours. You'll be travelling to india , there are a few schools here that might prove helpful.But , before that you'll have to have a FLVC done , best by contacting the DGCA or speaking to the licensing directorate .
visit http://dgca.nic.in/licencing/lic-ind.htm .
You'll have to complete a few forms , that i guess get passed to Ministry of External and Foreign affairs for checks. Just like hpcock said , it *will* take time.
The old airport near south delhi , delhi flying club , isnt active anymore , there are just instructors who help and take classes for ground school and courses.
the link for that new flight school is www.air-titan.com (http://www.air-titan.com) :)
heres the address and the phone numbers , though its a particularly new flight school and i wont really say it'd be a good one.
KG Oxford Tower , MG Road , Ravipuram
Cochin
Ph : +91-484-2380555
+91-484-3203485

Also visit dgca.nic.in/flyclub/flyclub.htm

s artois
10th Mar 2007, 20:32
why? :ugh::confused: