PDA

View Full Version : Vanity Fair article on 9/11

teleport
4th Aug 2006, 10:25
Interesting Vanity Fair article on 9/11. Apparently based on disclosed recordings of NORAD staff. Written by United 93 producer.
http://www.vanityfair.com/features/general/060801fege01

20driver
4th Aug 2006, 13:33
Really good read. I could imagine being thereT the conversations are just what you would suspect. I'm sure the conspiracy crowds are already cranking up explanantions.
20driver

shifter86
4th Aug 2006, 15:35
http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/norad_tapes_intensify_implausibility_official_911_story.htm

20driver
4th Aug 2006, 16:13
Boy, I took event less time than I thought. Interesting how an off the cuff comment by a Norad "controller" can become proof of the conspiracy.
As an old client used to say, You can tell em, but you can't tell em much"
20driver

tonkatechie
4th Aug 2006, 21:01
Sobering stuff.
Hardly surprising that the events coincided with an exercise involving hijacks - this sort of thing must have been quite regular. I remember being involved in a similar situation somewhere very windy and a long way from home, when the day started with a scramble. 'Don't worry' said the boss, 'part of an exercise'. That was until we realised that the exercise was taking place 180 degrees in the wrong direction - whoops, this'll be real then!:ooh: The only difference being that in my case we had loads of clear airspace, and only a few aircraft to keep track of. Bit different over North America:(

FormerFlake
5th Aug 2006, 12:37
It was bad enough this side of the pond that morning, it would have been caos in the states.

The RAF proceudres for hijacked aircraft jumped form a couple of CONFIDENTIAL pages as part of an Op Order, to a 300+ page SECRET UK EYES Op Order very quickly. The NORAD people would have been working off virtually nothing, mistakes were sadly made. In the circumstances I doubt they could have done much more.

The simple fact is there is very little defence against a 9/11 style attack, thats why they did it!

Flying Microphone
7th Aug 2006, 15:29
http://www.infowars.com/articles/sept11/norad_tapes_intensify_implausibility_official_911_story.htm

Jeez Shifter...

The article you quote says...

- How did the admittedly incompetent pilot hijackers turn off the transponders of all the aircraft? A procedure, according to professionals that we have talked to, is often beyond the capability of even the most experienced commercial pilots?

Which "Professionals" has the writer spoken with? Turning a transponder on/off or changing the squawk is no more complicated than changing the channel or switching your car radio on or off.

If there really are "professional" pilots out there who find that task difficult we really are all in big trouble!

Basic PPL stuff involves putting the box onto stand-by, tuning in the assigned 4-digit squawk, switching the box to "on" or "alt" (with altitude info encoded for the controller to see) and watching the little green light on the box light up everytime ATC ping you with radar. Switching it off? Simple... turn the switch from Alt or On to off.

It's garbage quotes like that which make any tangeable stuff you say pale into insignificance which is a shame!