PDA

View Full Version : Dougnuts on a Rope

scudpilot
4th Aug 2006, 09:07
I have ready many many websites over the years about "black projects" including the infamous "Aurora", and still retain an open mind on the subject. Just wondered what the thoughts were?
Out of interest, was outside in Bracknell, Berkshire last night about 8.45 pm, and saw what COULD be regarded as Doughnuts on a rope vapour trails.. Any thoughts?

treadigraph
4th Aug 2006, 11:01
I've seen some strange vapour trails over the years but they are usually generated by normal airline traffic and develop into odd shapes in the wake of the aircraft - presumably due to specific atmospehric conditions.

Try a search on Contrails/vapour trails within PPRuNe, there have been several threads.

Cheers

Treadders

hoggsnortrupert
4th Aug 2006, 13:44
Scudpilot:
Mate you are not imagining things, I saw the same thing late one evening in 1986/87 over Liberal Kansas, and fair scooting across the sky, I could not make out any aircraft.
I was on the ground at the airport preparing the AC50 for the nights freight operation's, I spoke to the FBO owner , told him what I saw and he replied, Oh Yeah, we see all sorts here?
In 1991/92 I read an article in some magazine, can't remember which, about a new jet engine, using a weeping surface to feed fuel to the engine, the fuel being ignited outside of the engine, sort of 1940's pulse jet:
Sorry I can't be more exact, but I know there are others that view this site that could offer more exact infomation.
The sight I saw I knew to be something special when I saw it, but it was not until I read the article that I put 2 and 2 together and related what I saw to the article, hopefully someone can tell me if 2 plus 2 equals 4.
Would be very interested to hear from those more informed than moir!
Very interested indeed.:ok:
Chr's
HSnort.

'India-Mike
4th Aug 2006, 22:40
Crow instability? Eg

http://www.extrospection.com/archives/2004/01/the_crow_instability.html

treadigraph
5th Aug 2006, 00:01
India Mike, yep, pretty much what I've seen from time to time.