PDA

View Full Version : so/fo

upsguy
3rd Aug 2006, 20:06
I thought maybe you guys would have an answer for these questions.

Has anyone been offered an DEFO position from a DESO interview?

I recently read in Preparing for your Cathay Pacific Interview, 11th ed pg 54, that direct entry SO will be assesed for upgrade to JFO after 18 months. Any truth to this?

And if successful in upgrade in 18 months can one apply for a diffrent base?

Just wondering thanks for any replies.

ALPHA FLOOR
4th Aug 2006, 03:13
Current S/O to J/FO time to upgrade is around 3 years and 10 months. Then J/FO for about another 1 year. Once you qualify as F/O you can be transfered to a base dependant on fleet and the companies requirements. Of course one way of doing it would be to join as S/O and after a year or so (end of probation) transfer to freighters as F/O on the base of your choice.

AF

treholer
7th Aug 2006, 13:41
I interviewed for DESO and was offered a DEFO position. I met the DEFO flight time requirements and just dropped the question at the cocktail party. Lo and behold the offer was for DESO or DEFO. I know of others who have done the same thing.

Harbour Dweller
8th Aug 2006, 03:16
It is not unusual for guys with the right experience to be offered DEFO (Freighter Fleet) while they are attending interviews for DESO.

I have not heard of guys being offered DESO to DEFO (Pax Fleet).

Thunderflyer
8th Aug 2006, 08:08
Do you have to express the intrest for a DEFO position at the interview, or is it also possible to discuss this issue after the selection for DESO is done, if you meet the requirments? Are the people from recruitment willing to discuss this?:hmm:

Trogdor
9th Aug 2006, 16:34
...Of course one way of doing it would be to join as S/O and after a year or so (end of probation) transfer to freighters as F/O on the base of your choice.

AF

Is this easy to do? Is there any reason a DESO would not be able to transfer to the freight fleet as an FO?