PDA

View Full Version : Ottawa - Private Pilot exam

CBG
3rd Aug 2006, 14:46
All,

I am based in Europe but I spend one week every six weeks in Ottawa and my office is on the airport grounds next to the flying club. I intend to convert my European PPL to a full Canadian license by taking the PPAER (private Pilot Written exam). I still have all the books I bought when I learnt to fly in Europe but I assume some of the rules are different over here.

Would anyone in the Ottawa area have a set of books relevant to the PPAER, that I could buy or borrow for a couple of weeks? Thanks in advance.

Chris
[email protected]

jurassic
4th Aug 2006, 21:31
You can get the PPL much easier. All you have to do is write the PSTAR, it is like a pre solo type exam. You can write it at a flight school or at TC. There will be 50 questions and they are pulled out of a 200 question study guide. The study guide is online and includes the 4 possible answers. The questions and answers are copied word for word.
With this and your "foreign" licence and proof of recent experience, you will get a PPL with a statement on it that reads something like "based on foreign licence #....." . To remove the statement, do a written and a flight test.
Oh yea, you do need a Canadaian Medical as well.

CBG
4th Aug 2006, 21:38
Thanks for the information. Will look this up.