PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Tower/ Swanwick or West Drayton

Courtenay
2nd Aug 2006, 16:51
Hi,

You may have seen on other messages that I have past the first stage and am going to the second and final stage of recruitment on Tuesday 8th August.
I want to arrange a visit to Swanwick, West Drayton or a tower (preferably Stanstead or Heathrow or Gatwick) - I live in South East Essex. I have tried to contact people at the various centres but to no avail, I keep getting pushed back to HR recruitment, who have not been able to help.

So.. Sorry to be a pain, but can anyone here assist me? I like to visit on 7th August if poss.. as I can get that day off work. - I know it is a tall order, but if anyone could help I'd be very grateful!

Cheers,

James.

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
3rd Aug 2006, 07:47
Sorry to hear this, James. Wonder who you actually contacted at the various units? Try ringing the Watch Manager on a Saturday afternoon (fairly quiet time) and explain the situation. I'm fairly sure you would achieve success..

Barnaby the Bear
4th Aug 2006, 10:05
I have posted on your other thread... Give Southend ATC a call. They are non-Nats but are all trained ATCO's, and operate to the same standards.
Obviously try to get to the larger NATS units, but as its on your doorstep, it seems an obvious port of call.
There is also a bit more diversity with the type of traffic. I.e Boeings mixed with Cessna's and trainers. It all helps.
As I said before, they are rather partial to biscuits!!!! ;)
I just went to flight operations and asked. They weren't busy, so was allowed up. A call first is prefered though. Sorry no number to hand.

Good luck!