PDA

View Full Version : western heli days

metalman
1st Aug 2006, 20:40
Hi everyone, did anybody visit the Weston Heli Show,i did and i was,to say the least disappointed,there were very few visitors,we were not allowed to view the aircraft from "airside" we were told in no uncertain terms (by a schoolboy) to "get back over the line" this after paying a (voluntary) £20 landing fee.
the show was "supported" by rather cheap and nasty looking sideshows,in addition most of the food on offer was nothing short of disgracful,served from unhygenic "vans" and caravans, one (food) stall in particular would i am sure been shut down immediattely had it been visited by a food inspector.
comments please!
In contrast to this, i often visit the museum at weston,which is always clean, facinationg and run by the most pleaseant volunteers that you would wish to meet,i go there around once a fortnight to visit my daughter who lives next door,none of the volunteers have ever been offered a ride in anthing from anyone who visits, although the next time i go i have promised to give one or more of them a "whiz" they are very exited so,if anyone out there does fancy a visit and feels generous please think about giving one of these lovely people a quick ride.their gratitude would be immeasarable
Royston

Express Heli
1st Aug 2006, 23:01
Now, this has already been discussed by other members, and a Helidays marshaller and myself have already replied to the comments, so I for one am not going to re-write the same things, so see this post: http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=236494

Also, which helicopter were you attending in?

metalman
1st Aug 2006, 23:13
it was the single squirrel g-nuty

Express Heli
1st Aug 2006, 23:19
I know the one. It is a very nice helicopter.