PDA

View Full Version : PPL(H) hour building

Smiffie
1st Aug 2006, 02:35
Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum for my question, if not sorry and perhaps some kind soul can point me in the right direction. Also sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find anything when I did a search.

I recently completed my PPL(H) here in the UK and have now amassed the huge total of 71 hours so I would like to do some hour building, but the UK is too expensive for my wallet ! I was thinking of going to the US but would like to do some kind of structured hour building, I dont just want to go off doing endless solo x-country flights but rather want to improve my GH and all round awareness and skill.

Before I get a slating I know solo X-country will help build skill/confidence etc. but I was thinking of a more 'directed' approach with input from an instructor and doing that sort of thing with an instructor in the UK is prohibitive - I did a 2.3 hr flight from WAP - IOW - WAP in an R44 last week with intructor, wife and friend and it set me back a 4 figure sum !

So can anyone suggest a good school that can offer something like I describe ?

Any advice would be appreciated from the huge collective knowledge base that exists on this website.

S.

muffin
1st Aug 2006, 06:59
Ask Whirlybird. I think she did some hour building in Los Angeles with the traffic spotting guys. You might get some more responses if you post this in the Rotorheads forum.