PDA

View Full Version : UK job training in Spain

pipertommy
30th Jul 2006, 07:14
I`m trying to work out how successful people have been after training for there ME/IR in Spain?Has anyone on here had this go against them in selection for a UK airline.I understand the JAA setup.Just interested to see if various rumours of UK trained is prefered:confused:Or does it make no difference

smith
30th Jul 2006, 08:22
I am heading out to aerodynamics malaga end of August-ish for me/ir, doing it before the CPL, fingers crossed that it works out. Also will have done all my training at various FTO's throughout the world, ie FL, CA, UK and according to various posts this will not sit well with the airlines along with doing ME/IR in Spain. It's just what has suited me at the time plus a wee bit of foreign travel and nice scenery thrown in. Whether the airlines like it or not only time will tell!!!!! :*

pipertommy
30th Jul 2006, 09:57
Thats what i`m worried about!Don`t want to put my self at a disadvantage by training out of the UK.The main benefit is time and money for me.

Me-Uk
30th Jul 2006, 19:33
I've just completed an IR-ME in Spain, and I personally know of two pilots who did their IR at the same FTO as myself and are now working for two UK LCC as FO. One on the 320 and the other 757.

pipertommy
31st Jul 2006, 07:31
Thanks thats music to my ears!Thing is it is only the IR part i need to do out all other training has been and will be done in the UK.