PDA

View Full Version : Air Rage Scrapping at EGFH?

AuntyTalk!!!!!
29th Jul 2006, 12:24
Hey Guys!

Any one got any info on a Helo Instructor alledgedly scrapping with a fixed wing pilot at Swansea? Don't know much more info than that I'm afraid.
I have a student moving to Wales at the end of August and he has asked me to recommend a school. I'd like some light shedding on this alledged incident as I want to make sure my student gives the 'Gentleman' involved a very wide berth.

Something about cutting him up in the circuit??? Any truth in it or just Chinese Whispers?
Might just be the fixed wing guy blowing hot air around our club I suppose but if not , well .....

Royston, you're in that neck of the woods I see from your posts. If there is any truth in this then I think Airfield fighting is a bit more of a concern to the flying community in Wales than landing on a strip of turf for a sarnie eh?

smallville
29th Jul 2006, 15:49
With regards to training in Wales, i trained in Swansea myself and found them to be very professional. Also i trained under the pilot involved in the incident and there is more to the story than meets the eye.

SASless
29th Jul 2006, 15:53
Sounds like a real helicopter pilot.....what's a dustup or two amongst the lads!:ok:

CyclicRick
29th Jul 2006, 16:21
Well I hope he won anyway, can't let the plank drivers get the upperhand can we :}

smallville
29th Jul 2006, 16:43
yes he won..

Antitorque
29th Jul 2006, 18:31
I heard the bully hit a 63 year old fellow pilot "some fight" Isnt that big of him A proud moment I am sure.

Pick on someone your own age and size

metalman
29th Jul 2006, 22:59
until i get the full story i am unable to comment,what i can say is that some kind of incident took place involving a helicopter instructor and a fixed wing pilot,it was over one or the other being "cut up" in the circuit,and believe it or not it took place i a very busy tower, i think its fair to say it sounds like the equivelent of air rage,when i get the full story you can be sure i will be back to tell all,what i can say is that we can do without gratuitous violence and/or bullies who pick victims and not opponents.Perhaps one or the other might be encouraged to attend an anger management course,lets hope the CAA are not informed.

Trevors cat
29th Jul 2006, 23:18
Should people like that be pilots? Many a time have I been started on, always outnumbered. That is because they are cowards.

No need for it.

SASless
30th Jul 2006, 02:41
If the punch up occurred on the ground....how can it be Air Rage? Perhaps it came after a barrage or something like that?

kissmysquirrel
30th Jul 2006, 07:38
Whirlybird and myself know a heli instructor who is easily capable of that sort of behaviour. I'd dread to think there are two instructors of similar temperament.:sad:

Flingingwings
30th Jul 2006, 07:55
KMS,
I can think of another two........
Especially if the recipients were either tall and big footed, or small and orange:E

kissmysquirrel
30th Jul 2006, 08:31
I wasn't thinking about those two. They aren't capable of winning a fight with a fixed wing pilot anyway.

Just a bit sad if it is a case of bullying.

Flingingwings
30th Jul 2006, 08:53
KMS,
Agree but..............
I'd meant for them to be the victims.
Afterall they'd be quite a queue of volunteers willing to knock that smug smile off:ok:

kissmysquirrel
30th Jul 2006, 09:06
Now that is a terrible thing to say. Have to agree though. The queue would be long and winding waiting for a turn.
Was it you who took Chris Evans through to solo at Fast, Shoreham?

Antitorque
30th Jul 2006, 19:23
Any news on the bully in Swansea :confused: I see you have been causing a bit of a stir "The Scene Is Set"

Message For Royston

Trevors cat
30th Jul 2006, 22:55
KMS, whirlerybird:

Name and shame please, so I can give said holigan a wide berth.

AuntyTalk!!!!!
31st Jul 2006, 08:21
Hmm... well so far the replies match up with the rumours. I was told that the Puncher was significantly younger than the Pucnhee.

I think I'll send my student to Staverton to complete the training.

Heliport
31st Jul 2006, 09:38
Do what you like.

Assuming you are a FI(H) and there is a student, of course.

Heliport

AuntyTalk!!!!!
31st Jul 2006, 10:31
Curious repost Heliport.

Sounds like I've PERSONALLY offended you with my interest in this occurance.

Antitorque
31st Jul 2006, 11:05
Sounds like Heliport 's the bully to me

AuntyTalk!!!!!
31st Jul 2006, 11:55
Great minds think alike.

(Cool user ID too namesake!)

Avi8tors
31st Jul 2006, 23:52
Having spoken to a few people at Swansea Airport including ATC and a Heli Pilot I can say the following about the incident......

A very reputable and experience Helicopter Instructor was about to send a student Solo after building his confidence over a period of time that day. During a circuit at Swansea whilst DownWind a fixed wing Pilot flew into the circuit and overtook the Helicopter whilst DownWind and proceeded to cut the corner on Base causing the Helicopter instructor to take control and use evasive actions to avoid a serious accident. The tower scolded the fixed wing pilot who refused to accept responsibility for his outrageous action and poor airmanship. The student in the Heli was shook up and didnt go Solo and the Pilots were asked to attend the tower to debrief. The arrogant fixed wing Pilot refused to appologise and made derogatory comments to the Helicopter instructor who was fuming and it seems that emotions were out of control and this led to an incident. Both parties were to blame but the fixed wing pilot came off worse and from my understanding deserved it and should stick to another sport where his ego cannot put other lives at risk.......

In this environment there is no excuse for unsafe activities in the air, however my advise to the Heli Pilot would be to use the strength of the CAA investigations department rather than your fist in future although I do sympathise with you.

metalman
1st Aug 2006, 08:58
sounds to me you are trying to defend the indefensibe,or in other words "puting a case up for this totally unaceptable behavior.

Flying Lawyer
1st Aug 2006, 09:10
Sounds to me like you've got double standards.

You were very grateful (yesterday) when I took the trouble to find out the full facts and post them when you were being condemned by people on the basis of a rumour which which turned out to be only part of the story and false in several respects.

Some of them still consider your behaviour was totally unacceptable, but at least they are now able to form an opinion based on the facts not on rumour/gossip.

FL

metalman
1st Aug 2006, 09:43
I most certainly do not not not have double standards,you took the time and the trouble to investigate properly all of the spurious allegations that were being directed my way,and I appreciatted your efforts.With regard to the swansea incident,as the police are now involved no-one, least of all the managenent along with the eye witnesses are saying anything aBout the incident,therefore and until all of the facts are made public no-one can make a judgement about this unsavoury incident.

Heliport
1st Aug 2006, 09:58
Roystonuntil all of the facts are made public no-one can make a judgement about this unsavoury incident.

But based on gossip, you feel able to make this judgement:
sounds to me you are trying to defend the indefensibe,or in other words "puting a case up for this totally unaceptable behavior.

Heliport
1st Aug 2006, 10:07
Now that the police are involved and it may go to court, I'm closing this thread.

Heliport