PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair and Dublin airport...the nightmare scenario!

NWSRG
28th Jul 2006, 16:40
Flew last week with Ryanair from Dublin to Salzburg. Never again...

Dublin airport is a disaster...check-in is a mess and the airside "Street" where most of the shops are located is nothing more than an arcade, and certainly not suitable for the volume of passengers using it.

But the fun really started when we had to travel to gate A69. A good ten minute walk (no problem with that) to a series of prefabricated buildings with no facilities. Then queueing in the 1-90 / 91-180 system. With the information screen showing us as "Boarding", we stood for 90 minutes with no aircraft in sight...then when the aircraft was finally available, any queueing procedures were totally ignored by both staff and passengers, and a free-for-all ensued. And no information at all about the delay.

Coming back from Salzburg, the same story. Only this time, there was no effort to group passengers at all. Two gates used to get us to the aircraft and another cattle battle.

And once on the two flights, we had to contend with stewardesses who barely spoke English, and who really didn't want to be there at all.

And these flights weren't cheap...over £300 for two people.

In future, I will do anything I can to avoid Ryanair and Dublin. Easyjet from Belfast is a far more comfortable experience.

Rant over...but you have been warned!

Flame
6th Aug 2006, 04:43
NWSRG;

With all due respect...from reading your post, your problems should be addressed to the people who run Dublin Airport in particular not Ryanair. The terminal at Dublin that you boarded from is used by other companies as well as Ryanair

Having to contend with staff onboard your Ryanair flight who spoke little English is a genuine complaint and I agree 100% with you on that one, however...staff who really do not want to be there at all is not restricted to Ryanair staff....have you ever flown transatlantic with Aer Lingus., its just as bad

Have you considered writing to the DAA (Dublin Airport Auth.) about your experience at Dublin...too many people complain in the wrong places and never put pen to paper

Take it from me, Dublin will only get worse...