PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone gone through a DGCA medical in India??

riyadp
28th Jul 2006, 04:06
Gonna be going for the initial test in either Delhi/Bangalore. Just wondering how bad it is.. heard some wierd things! :sad:

tex8vc
28th Jul 2006, 04:20
Hiya,
All I know is (through friends) that it takes about 6 months to get your class 1! Have you booked the date and place? or you are going for Class 2!?
Have you cleared your papers? if not, why do that first or you need medicals to sit for theory exams!?

Good Luck!

riyadp
28th Jul 2006, 04:37
Well, the way I see it it makes no sense to go through all that if im not gonna pass my medicals.. I dont have a history of any serious illness, i dont wear glasses and my hearing is fine, but I've heard some funny things so I want to pass the medical before I spend money on the exams or flight training.

tex8vc
28th Jul 2006, 04:45
Point taken... so don't go for class 1 just take class 2 and ask the Doc if you would have any problem during Class 1! also you don't have to go to B'lore or Del for Class 2!
And just prepare for exams! Don't waste time for Class 1!

riyadp
28th Jul 2006, 05:33
hmmm.. will definately think about that one tex, thanx for the idea...
i was also thinking about finding out all the tests req for a class 1 and doing them privately, which is obviously much faster, and that way ill know where i stand...

tex8vc
28th Jul 2006, 05:47
Not a bad idea, refer to http://dgca.nic.in/medical/med-rule-ind.htm
might help!

And if you are planning to go privet, why not go to Class 2 Doc itself and ask what all tests you need!? When you book tel tel the Doc that you don't with to come through DGCA. I am sure would that would be fast!

iamanaussiemavrick
30th Jul 2006, 07:00
Hi,

I also faced the same problem. I went to a DGCA approved class II medical examiner here in my state and i did a general class II test. I was fine. I was planning to go to aussie for my training..so i also took my class I medical from mumbai..CASA....

It was fine..there is not much tests if ur vision is fine and hearing is ok.. dont worry..its not much to what you might be thinkning as i also had the same problem..

They lool ECG, Audiometry, Vision--simple tests for it.., then general check up.. Nothing serious.

Since india is also ICAO ..the tests would be same....or similar...as what i did....

So dont worry about is.

Regards

Kanak Chandramohan

sanjay arora
2nd Aug 2006, 07:51
u must complete ur class 1 medical before even starting ur classes cause class 2 nd class1 r totally different thanks bye

iamanaussiemavrick
5th Aug 2006, 14:23
HI,

I got australian class I.

I hope Indian and australian class I are similar.

Regards

Kanak

riyadp
6th Aug 2006, 00:31
Whats up guys,
like kanak, I went for a class 1 her in the US and the doc says I was fine, makes me feel good, but he also mentioned that he had heard that the indian class 1 was more extensive.
If anyone has any more information let me know I'd appriciate it.
Thanks,
cant wait to start flying!!!

Riyad