PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Cargo

FreeSpeed
27th Jul 2006, 16:24
Hi guys, can anybody comment on the Cathay cargo job, such as pay and rostering, thanks in advance.

sizematters
28th Jul 2006, 09:57
yup, cathay cargo has both.........................pay and rostering

FreeSpeed
30th Jul 2006, 16:58
yup, cathay cargo has both.........................pay and rostering

That really clears up that, always the comedian eh!!

Gravox
31st Jul 2006, 01:29
What do the freight pilots schedules look like in terms of destinations.
Especially those based in Australia do you only fly up and back to Hong Kong or do you go further afield? Is it typically always the same route or do the destinations vary?

I saw that the requirements for DEFO as 1000hrs jet. Is this close to the mark at present or are they taking more experience guys/gals. Are there generally positions available for the Aus freighters, and which A/C type are based in Syd/Mel -400 or -200?

Thanks

jetset
31st Jul 2006, 10:31
The -200 is the only freighter based in Oz and I think they tend to come up to HKG and then do a few sectors from HKG like Chennai/Mumbai and sometimes as far as Dubai then back down with the occasional tech stop in Darwin on the way. There are more asian destinations but I am not sure exactly which ones the -200 does.

There are not generally a lot of positions on the Oz freighters but they do come up (they are available for bid to the SO's), that said there is a lot of noise about the possibility of direct entry pax fleet FO's.

Pay is on the ppjn wesite I think and depends on what country you are based in and what tax you pay as to your take home cash. Rosters are issued monthly on the 15th once again it all depends which base you are on and the type, europe tends to go to HKG and back and the US can do the occasional double shuttle from ANC before going home.

FreeSpeed

There is plenty of info on this site, you might want to be more specific with your questions if you want decent answers.

It seems like most are happy enough with their lot here.