PDA

View Full Version : Free flight in an F3

Bo Nalls
26th Jul 2006, 17:07
The High-G Blackout thread reminded me of this, seen last week on STV.

From the STV Jetset webpage: (http://www.stv.tv/win/jetsetcompetition/)

The RAF and JetSet are giving you the amazing opportunity to fly in a RAF Tornado F3 Fighter Jet!

The RAF Leuchars Airshow invites you to nominate yourself or someone who deserves this once in a lifetime flight, to be taken at RAF Leuchars in Fife.

You can nominate anyone, including yourself, to take the flight, but you or your nomination person must be between 18-55 years old and physically fit.

All you need to do to enter is complete the nomination form below. Or you can text your nomination to 83788, texts cost 25p plus your standard network charges.

A panel of judges from stv and the RAF will select the winner.

The closing date for entries is 25th August

Come on then Boys & Girls now is your chance to get yourselves airborne free of charge. The only drawback is that you'll be stuck in a very small sapce for an hour with an F3 driver :} :}

The Rocket
5th Aug 2006, 00:06
How very dare you:eek:

Who dear?

Me dear?

Gay dear?

NO dear!!!!

Runaway Gun
5th Aug 2006, 07:11
You can nominate anyone, including yourself, to take the flight, but you or your nomination person must be between 18-55 years old and physically fit.

Do they have to pass the beep test? :p

ORAC
5th Aug 2006, 07:24
Second prize, two trips? :}

Tombstone
5th Aug 2006, 12:47
It's the F3 mate doing the TV clip that gets me, "Come fly with me in an F3! I'll take you low level & way up high(ish) where we'll push through the sound barrier. Not that you'll see much of at as I"ll have bored you to death whilst taxying & you'll be fast asleep."

Personality switch must have been at the 'off; position during filming...;)

BEagle
5th Aug 2006, 13:01
Why the ageist upper limit? Even the RAF has aircrew older than 55!

The Rocket
5th Aug 2006, 13:56
Because obviously the civillian colostomy bag is larger and more unwieldy than the specially produced military version for use by VC10 aircrew:E

And what a lovely picture of a 2 Sqn GR4 on the web page:ugh:

Eckster
5th Aug 2006, 15:36
Is the third prize to get the two trips then fix the snags that it'll have carried and get it ready for the next wave in two hours time?????

Mad Girl
5th Aug 2006, 19:47
Ooooh!! You guys are such cynics!!!

Have you been flying too long and just don't realise how lucky you are??:confused:

I have to confess to have nominated someone for this flight. ;)

I know he'd love it regardless of what you say about F3 pilots, and he probably deserves it after all the hassle I've given him in the air.

If he wins it... I ask whoever the pilot is to fly as hard and fast as you're allowed. I'm sure he won't do a Jeremy Clarkson on you :O .

Fly380
5th Aug 2006, 20:48
Didn't a ground engineer win a competion for a flight in an F3 from Leuchars last year? Rumour has it the lucky sod finished up with a Martin Baker tie.:ok:

BellEndBob
6th Aug 2006, 09:36
This is just a wild guess but I think the winner may well be female, blonde, 20 something with big t*ts. :E

threepointonefour
6th Aug 2006, 09:58
... experience life in the modern RAF ...

2nd prize: Free place on the OCU
3rd prize: A day's QRA
4th prize: Experience being chopped from the QWI cse
5th prize: 4 mths in Afghanistan
6th prize: Annual Fitness test
7th prize: 2-day CCS
8th prize: A secondary duty on the Stn Audit Board

Navy_Adversary
6th Aug 2006, 11:13
Didn't a Tonka depart Leuchars on a reward flight a couple of years ago with a non aircrew backseater on board?
Didn't they come back on a lifeboat?:8

Fly380
6th Aug 2006, 21:57
In a helicopter last October.:)

Mad Girl
4th Sep 2006, 14:04
The closing date for this was 25th August.

Does anyone know who the lucky sod is who won it??

I've looked on STV's website but they haven't posted a name yet.