PDA

View Full Version : Paradigm - Beware!

SID East
25th Jul 2006, 18:07
Following on form the "Basrah is beckoning" thread it appears that I am not the only one to have come a cropper due to, I believe, Paradigm Services' handling of my credit card details whilst OOA.

Word of warning, beware Paradigm PCs for mail order etc, I believe it was one of them that nabbed my credit card details (virus), I returned to UK to find someone had been cruising around Europe (literally) at my expense.
Luckily Barackaycard picked up the the tab - £5K +. Better off using the DII machines out there with an IGS.

echo 100% about the paradigm card as guess what....we had our credit cards tapped into....£500 H samuel...great I thought...lovely pressie for me! £750 Ryan air tickets....hmmmmmmm little suspicious where do you go on Ryan air that costs £750...maybe he chartered it...nice romantic gesture....£1000 on Cleaneze products!!!!!!O.k MAJOR ALARM BELLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I called him and said I hoped for his sake it was a hacker!!!! Nationwide brilliant as they caught all fraudulant transactions and we incurred no extra expense.

I warned off my boss and colleagues but thought it was a one off. Has anyone else had similar problems? If so then someone at Paradigm or their Contract Monitors needs to sort it out. They could also be getting the details from when you top up your phone account - they store them for future use, supposedly securely!

Anyone any suggestions on the need to do anything else? I have reported Paradigm to Barclaycard as the source of a possible leak. I hope they get a good kick up the arse!

Out of Area? - Get someone to check your statements!

SID :=

Radar Muppet
25th Jul 2006, 18:32
Don't muck about mate. If you have even the slightest suspicion that one or more of their employees is using/passing on card details whilst people are deployed, then report it to the [U]civil[U] police immediately. At the minimum, it should force P to look at security.

El Mirador
25th Jul 2006, 18:37
Hey Sid....I spoke to my hubby today and he is really interested in what you said....I shall forward this link to him....Thanks!

SID East
25th Jul 2006, 19:37
Cheers guys.
I know my particular case is already being investigated by the civil police via the credit card company. I have done all the paperwork and everything has been made available to the plods.
Having a stronger suspicion now than I did before, I have informed the fraud department. I’ll follow it up with another email, belt and braces.
I’ll have a chat with my OC Police here too to see if anything can be passed on from the Mil side.
Ta
:ok:

Now a 'J' Bloke!!
25th Jul 2006, 19:49
Maybe the RAFP could conduct an investigation.:ok:

No hang on...who would do 'Barrier Up???':ugh:

More LAter;
'J' Bloke!!:cool:

Mactlsm1
26th Jul 2006, 02:07
Now a "J" Bloke!!

Harsh.........But Fair!!

On a serious note, this shouldn't be happening to our guys who are out in the badlands. This should be the least of their worries.

Mac

South Bound
26th Jul 2006, 06:40
Chum of mine has just come back from Kandy, had the same problem. Will pass this on to him.

SATSD1a
31st Jul 2006, 15:22
Ladies/Gents,

Fair old bit of PSL Bashing going on here. Now I am either missing something here as a brand new member of PPRUNE or has nobody thought of reporting this to PSL or Theatre/PJHQ J1 staffs. I happen to be the MOD interface between PSL and the FLCs/PJHQ and I am happy to talk to anyone on the subject. I was notified about this scam by SP POL in town and I am investigating it with my PSL colleague. The banks have already been in touch as well. Rest assured this has not been sat on.:ugh:

SATSD1a
3rd Aug 2006, 08:25
Ladies/Gents,

Fair old bit of PSL Bashing going on here. Now I am either missing something as a brand new member of PPRUNE or has nobody thought of reporting this to PSL or Theatre/PJHQ J1 staffs. I happen to be the MOD interface between PSL and the FLCs/PJHQ and I am happy to talk to anyone on the subject. I was notified about this scam by SP POL in town and I am investigating it with my PSL colleague. Rest assured this has not been sat on. If you would like to discuss this further, you can type SATSD1a into any military PC and my details should appear. Failing that use the D Directory. :ugh:

Paradigm have a policy of reviewing and improving the methods in which we store personal information which is in line with the Payment Card Industry Standards, as part of this we also:
* Review and implement, the latest applicable risk prevention tools to keep personal information safe.
Therefore we ensure that :
* Account numbers are masked, apart from the final four digits, when displayed by the customer care team after initial input.
* We do not store sensitive authentication data subsequent to authorisation.
* Only a limited team of people have access to this security controlled information.