PDA

View Full Version : CAA Class 1 to IAA Class 1

planeshipcar
25th Jul 2006, 12:39
How do I convert my CAA Class 1 medical to Irish or because they are both JAA do I bother

EIRE-PLANER
26th Jul 2006, 00:22
Hi
I currently hold a CAA Class 1 which unfortunately is invalid if i wish to flight train commercially in Eire, I have already looked into this and there is no conversion,:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: retake in Dublin i guess :ugh:

Jimmy The Big Greek
26th Jul 2006, 11:21
Well I know that the opposite is possible though. If you have a medical certificate from another JAA member country the U.K CAA accepts it.

MCA
1st Sep 2006, 17:30
Has anybody successfully converted a JAA (UK Issued) class one medical to a JAA (Irish) Class one? With out going through the whole Initial rigmarole again, I have an e-mail from the medical centre in Dublin telling me that my CAA Issued Class one is valid in Ireland (I told them I wanted to get an Irish commercial). But also I have a friend that just went through a few months ago (with a CAA medical) and he had to get an Irish one before he could do any flight training? Any help/advise greatly appreciated

MCA

MCA
3rd Sep 2006, 23:19
Can anybody steer me in the right direction??

mutt
4th Sep 2006, 04:19
AFAIK a JAR medical is a JAR medical and should be valid with either your UK issued JAA licence or your Irish issued JAA licence.... BUT... there is a stipulation in the regs that the medical must be done in the country of initial training.

So if you are embarking on a flight training course, you will need to do the medical in Dublin.

Look at www.jaa.nl for JAR-OPS 3

Mutt

MCA
4th Sep 2006, 15:02
Mutt,
Thanks for your reply… That clears things up for me

CarbHeatIn
11th Sep 2006, 16:47
AFAIK a JAR medical is a JAR medical and should be valid with either your UK issued JAA licence or your Irish issued JAA licence.... BUT... there is a stipulation in the regs that the medical must be done in the country of initial training.
So if you are embarking on a flight training course, you will need to do the medical in Dublin.
Look at www.jaa.nl for JAR-OPS 3
Mutt

I have a UK issued JAR CPL. I did my initial 1st class medical in the Mater Private in Dublin. On my request the IAA subsequently sent my records over to Gatwick ( there is a form the applicant must submit, found on the CAA website, and the inevitable handling fee ). The CAA issued me with a UK issued certificate based on my IAA one; without me having to attend. I now have 2 JAA Class 1 certificates, one IAA issued and one CAA issued.

I'm sure there is a reciprocal arrangement.

HomerJay
13th Sep 2006, 11:48
Can you do the medical in Dublin with a CAA licence?

michaelknight
13th Sep 2006, 21:50
I have CAA licence and renew my medical in Dublin, so I suppose yes. The Mater will write a letter to the UK CAA stating that you undertook your medical there.

MK

HomerJay
15th Sep 2006, 09:57
Thanks MK, maybe that was just for renewal though and not initial medical?. I sent a query to IAA to ask if i can do the medical in the matter and below is the response i got

"Since you hold a CAA licence, I am afraid the query has to be answered by the UK Civil Aviation Authority."

CarbHeatIn
15th Sep 2006, 11:09
HJ,

Read my post above again. I did my initial in Dublin and have a UK issued license.

HomerJay
15th Sep 2006, 11:15
sorry didnt see that. that answers my question then cheers